Box of Truth asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

A few wrestling questions to see if you're a WWE mark.

I'll take part in seeing who in the WS is a WWE mark.

1. Who is better? AJ Styles or Batista?

2. If WWE decided to go TV-Y7 or TV-Y, would you overly defend it?

3. If WWE decided to make RAW a Nickelodeon/Disney-esqe kids program for the night, would you watch it?

3. What do you think of Samoa Joe

4. Samoa Joe vs. Triple H in a 1-on-1 Ultimate X match? Who wins

5. Kaz vs. Hornswaggle? Who wins

6. Do you think your a WWE mark?

7. If you had the choice to speak your mind on TNA, would you pick...

"tngay sux! dey rip off dub dub ee and suk! dey have shark boy! wtf! haha! lololol! i don't watch it and i no it sux! tna sux! wwe is da bess in da worl! go dub dub ee!"

or...

"I don't watch TNA, so I can't say it sucks. I saw a match once. Good, but the storyline going on was bad. I'll try to get into TNA, but I like WWE way more"

?

I'll submit your score soon. Check back later (5-10 min) or tomorrow to see if YOU are a WWE mark. No need to star, but you can if you want to. Please tell me if you like this Q. Thanks, Y!A WS Users!

WQ: I know it's not coming soon, but what do you want to see at Survivor Series?

Dylan A, is not a mark.

AkshayBhambri isn't a mark

THE PEOPLES CHAMP is not a mark

WORLDS BIGGEST HARDY FAN!! IS a mark

WORLDS BIGGEST HARDY FAN!! IS a mark

Sorry about the 2x post above. Anyways, Devil May Cry 4 Wallpaper isn't a mark

Oops. I forgot 4:20 BURNING. 4:20, you aren't a mark

Young Money's not a mark

OLYPIC HERO, you could've done more, but I've seen your Qs. You aren't a mark

Age of the Ripper is not a mark. JUST KIDDING! No, but really. He isn't.

A Beth of Fresh Air is a WWE FAN. Not a mark

(Square Thing)KENNEDY isn't a mark

MN HEAT is not a mark

US Champ (T.H.) is not a mark. Hahaha! PSYCH! Hahaha! Yeah, right! Haha! Really, he is.

Esky is leaning toward the mark side. He's mark-ISH.

Hardy 4 Life is more mark-ish than Esky (#7 saved you, dude)

Loyal23 is a VERY slight mark (I've seen your past answers), but she really isn't much one

THE BOTTOM LINE!! is not a mark

Jonny G, you say your a mark, but your not. Thanks for being honest

Best Answer

Well, I guess I'll miss being judged tonight.

A comment before I answer. You are using the "smark" definition of the word "mark". The real definition of "mark" is one who can suspend his/her disbelief, believe for the duration of the show that what takes place is real, doesn't pick apart and criticize every aspect of the wrestling business, and just enjoys the shows. A "mark" is a wrestling fan. A "smark" is an internet wrestling critic who thinks he/she is smarter than the rest of us. They are generally condescending, arrogant, and rude. "Smarks" are not wrestling fans and they wouldn't be caught dead enjoying a wrestling show. The "smark" definition of "mark" is a gullible, unintelligent child who doesn't know the difference between real and illusion. They are wrong.

1. Better at what? Mat wrestling and aerial moves? That's Styles. Power moves, brawling, and intimidation? That's Batista. Crowd reactions? They're pretty even. Putting butts in seat? Again, about even. In-ring performances? Depends on your preference. I like technical wrestling, so I prefer Styles. Others prefer brawlers and Batista does that as well as anybody. Promos? Styles is a little better at that.

2. Defend it against what? Critics? I don't care about critics. The WWF during "Hulkamania" was a kid's show, and it was very popular. It won't be now, of course, everybody wants the overrated "Attitude Era" back. Me, all I care about are the wrestling matches. If TV-Y means more wrestling, then that's cool with me. I've defended TNA here for more than a year. "WWE fans" refuse to listen. I wouldn't bother defending this "new" WWE.

3. RAW as a Nickelodeon or Disney program? If it has wrestling matches in it then I would watch.

4. Joe is a very good in-ring performer with a rather unique style. Very quick and agile for such a large man. I enjoy watching him perform.

5. Joe would win because he's more experienced in this type of match. He's younger than Triple H and has had far fewer major injuries, especially to his legs. I doubt Triple H could even climb up that high with the shape his quads are in. Triple H would not agree to this match anyway because he knows he could not perform well in it.

6. Kaz would win. Hornswoggle does have some wrestling skills but he's far too small to defeat a man as skilled as Kaz.

7. I am not a "WWE mark". I am a wrestling fan and have been for 41 years. I am a "wrestling mark". I watch wrestling, company names are irrelevant.

8. Again, I will repeat myself for the 200th time. I care about the wrestling matches, not storylines and skits. TNA has consistently better wrestling matches performed by generally higher-skilled athletes than does the WWE. You want an emphasis on skits and storylines, watch the WWE. You want better wrestling matches, watch TNA. I am a wrestling fan, a "mark", I watch them both. Both companies have a lot to offer. If push came to shove, though, and I had to choose between them, I would watch TNA, not the WWE. TNA does wrestling better.

WQ: I want the tradition to return. Survivor Series as it was intended and originally presented. Teams against teams during the whole show, and nothing else.

• 1. AJ Styles is a hundred times better than Batista.

2. No, WWE is always more or less the same anyway, other than when it was the Attitude Era.

3. LMAO, no!

4. Samoa Joe is an excellent wrestler, with decent mic skills and charisma.

5. Joe wins.

6. Kaz, obviously.

7. Definately not.

8. I don't watch TNA, so I can't say it sucks. I saw a match once. Good, but the storyline going on was bad. I'll try to get into TNA, but I like WWE way more.

WQ: Chris Jericho becoming World Champion.

1. Who is better? AJ Styles or Batista?:

-Two different styles, I'm probably a bigger fan of Batista but AJ is probably the better wrestler.

-"Overly" defend it? That's rather a matter of opinion than anything else, someone could defend it and one might say that he or she is "overly" defending it and another may not. But would I defend WWE? Defend it against whom? Who is the one being offensive? This question makes little sense and is invalid. Be more specific.

3. If WWE decided to make RAW a Nickelodeon/Disney-esqe kids program for the night, would you watch it?:

-I would probably eventually get bored of WWE if it were to get too cheesy and childish, if that's what you're asking, but what exactly do you mean by a Nickelodeon/Disney-esque kids program? For one thing, it somewhat does appeal to kids already, which explains their now "PG" ratings. But if you mean they brought on Spongebob and Hannah Montana to wrestle, then no, no I would not watch it.

3. What do you think of Samoa Joe:

-I think he's decent for his size, has done some good work in ROH.. and I think he's "okay", this question could be a bit more specific... I mean someone could comment on anything about the guy, but if you mean wrestling skills, you should have mentioned that, because I can easily say "I think Samoa Joe has a big gut and talks funny" if I thought that.

4. Samoa Joe vs. Triple H in a 1-on-1 Ultimate X match? Who wins:

-Well, how could I tell you without it happening who "wins"? But I'd root for Samoa Joe is that's what you're asking.

5. Kaz vs. Hornswaggle? Who wins:

-Is this a joke? [Rhetorical question, because that is obvious] and, Kaz would win any logical wrestling match no matter how well they try to train that excuse for a midget.

6. Do you think your a WWE mark?

-No, I know I am not a "WWE mark".

or...

?

-Okay, this question probably makes the least sense of all. If I could speak my mind about TNA which I could anytime, I would say that they have great talent, and some good wrestling matches, and are truly the alternative for WWE because they aren't afraid to put the wrestlers' bodies in danger as much as WWE is, and the promotion is less directed towards the younger generation [kids] and trying to keep them enterained. However, I do feel that TNA's story-lines are sometimes too random and confusing, and therefore the booking is not so great.

Now, I think this was the most invalid "Are you a WWE mark" quiz I've filled out, and I'm not sure what gives YOU the authority to decide that, but anyways....I will not star this question because I did not like it, and I don't think other users should waste their time filling this out. =)

Whether someone is a WWE mark, TNA mark, or just a wrestling fan, should be obvious by looking at their various user names and answers/questions, and judging by this Question, if anyone chose a person from WWE in your little "Kaz vs Hornswoggle" or "Batista vs Samoa Joe" Q's, they'd be considered a "WWE mark". That does not equate to a valid quiz of whether or not someone is a WWE mark nor does it justify the validity of this pointless set of questions.

WQ: I would like to see Triple H lose his title at Survivor Series.

Source(s): Got Curious?
  • 1990

1. Who is better? AJ Styles or Batista? Styles easy

could care less mate

3. If WWE decided to make RAW a Nickelodeon/Disney-esqe kids program for the night, would you watch it? OH lord no

3. What do you think of Samoa Joe? Talented

Well its Joes kinda macth so Joe would win

5. Kaz vs. Hornswaggle? Who wins Kaz

6. Do you think your a WWE mark? Nah

1. Who is better? AJ Styles or Batista?

AJ

No idea what TV Y7 or TV Y is.

Yes and No, i would tape it, and flick though it too see a few old favs

3. What do you think of Samoa Joe

So So

No idea but I would be rooting for HHH

5. Kaz vs. Hornswaggle? Who wins

Kaz i hope

6. Do you think your a WWE mark?

I don't know

Umm i have no idea what you're on about, but I perfer TNA.

Altho if you said that 10 years ago i would have said WWE.

• 1. aj styles, more talent, more potential, and a good future.

2. no, I wouldn't but it should be rated tv 14 or tv ma.

3. no, I be watching TNA and AAA more but the only wwe brand I still be watching would be smackdown on fridays.

3.Samoa joe is a good athelete and how he jumps over those rpes for his weight I'll never know but he is defeintly a god face.

4. samoa joe, since he's been in one. I think triple h will break something.

5. kaz no more questions asked.

6. no

7. I love tna. I sometimes wish the people that hate tna needs to grow up because gimmicks have been reused before, and russo didn't kill wcw because wcw was dying right before he came. one more thing I wish they stop calling former wrestlers rejects because they left because of the way they were being used, or the traveling schedule. If ya want to blame someone blame vinnie macmaniac.

WQ: I would like to see a y2j vs cm punk feud for the whc. it would seem like a good showdown.

• ?

1.AJ Styles

2. I couldn't care less... but since when is beating people up worthy of a TV-Y or TV-Y7 rating?

3. I might flick it on if there is absolutely nothing else on. If I didn't like it, I would change the channel immediately.

4. I think Triple H is probably in better shape despite his injuries. Triple H

5. Are you serious? Kaz in a squash.

6. Just like the rating for the TV show rating, I could care less. I'm a wrestling fan. And I boo or cheer who I choose. I'm not going to cheer the heel because he's a great wrestler if I don't like his place in the storyline. If that makes me a mark, let me get a shotglass for my tears.

7. I watched TNA faithfully for about 4 months. But it seemed like they just kept doing the same plotlines over and over. So I lost interest. I give WWE a few nods for at least TRYING to break new ground as it relates to storylines.

WQ: If you are referring to the 10-man Elimination, here are my choices:

Kane (captain), Mike Knox, Paul Burchill, JBL & MVP vs Triple H, (captain), Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Jeff Hardy & Finlay

EDIT: I missed the Q about Samoa Joe... he's a brawler, I'll give him that.. but if you put him up against Snitsky or Umaga you might have a problem

AJ Styles, BY FAR.

If they decided to do that, it'd be Sesame Street on steroids, so no.

No

He's a good wrestler, one of the best on TNA, and is their current World Champion. Other than that I don't know, I don't really watch TNA.

I hate these questions because Wrestling matches are scripted. Since you clearly like TNA better though, and you proposed the match idea we'll say you booked it, I'll say Samoa Joe, though personally I'd say Triple H.

Kaz? Isn't he like at least twice Hornswaggle's size? Obviously he'd squash him.

Yeah sure.

I'd say I don't really watch it because if I watch TV on Thursdays I watch other shows, but it seems like an alright business they do, but will always live in WWE's shadow.

At Survivor Series i want to see Team HBK take on Team Y2J

1.) AJ Styles as he is 100000000000000000000000000x Better a Wrestler.

2.) No I would Not Overly-Defend it. That's Pure Bullshit.

3.) Yea...NO

4.) I do not like Samoa Joe. He is a Kayfabe Champion, just like CM Punk.

5.) "The Game" Triple H. Joe would snap the Cords that Suspend the X if he attempted to grab it.

6.) Are You Serious?

7.) No I do Not.

8.) Neither. TNA is a Great wrestling Program with a **** Creative Staff. I like TNA almost as much as WWE. No Scratch that.

I am not a Mark for WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW or Anything Else You Want to throw in There. I AM A PROFFESIONAL WRESTLING MARK.

Source(s): At SvSe: Kennedy vs. MVP Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H RKO vs. CM Punk 619 vs. JBL Undertaker vs. Umaga Chris Jericho vs. Lance Cade
  • 1.) AJ Styles

2.) No, not really.

3.) It's something different... so yes.

4.) Well... seeing Triple H would have backstage power... wouldn't surprise me if we saw Triple H winning.

5) Joe is a very good wrestler... just TNA didn't develop his character in the best of ways, as they should have.

6.) Kaz, he is just a very great wrestler, when Hornswoggle... is Hornswoggle.

7.) Yes.... we all are. A mark is anybody who watches wrestling, and is not a wrestler.

8.) "I don't watch TNA, so I can't say it sucks. I saw a match once. Good, but the storyline going on was bad. I'll try to get into TNA, but I like WWE way more"

By the way... you said 3, twice.