what does an architectural scale of 1:100 equal to

Update:

trying to scale some blueprints - think might be metric, so confused on how to convert to footage for piping

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You sure about this? Is this from a US source? Is it 'architectural' and not 'engineering'?

If this is an 'engineering' drawing, then 1" = 100 feet. This would be a really odd scale...they would probably break it up into more than one drawing.

'Architectural' scales are usually expressed as "some fraction of an inch" = 1 foot.

Source(s): My wife the civil engineer
  • 3 years ago

Architectural Scales

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does an architectural scale of 1:100 equal to

Source(s): architectural scale 1 100 equal to: https://tr.im/xVs6a
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you wish to discover ways to bring pictures with a pen then things you need is here https://tr.im/5PSSp , the information Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery that will reveal you a mystery that'll look after any problems that you have.

Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery program has within the package 70 high-resolution photos in dark and white (resolutions are in the area of 1500px by 2000px). They are certainly useful as they offer you excellent guide material, even though theyare all a-listers but, along with the celebrities you can find 30 photographs of skin characteristics, which are good for you to obtain a feeling of how specific characteristics vary from person to person.

With Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery you will learn all of the method and recommendations that you'll require to be able to become great artist of drawing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The scale of 1:100 in metric system means that a 1 cm in the drawing corresponds to 100 cm in actual size. In other words, 1 cm in plan corresponds to 1 m (or 100cm) in actual size. Thus:

scale of 1:1000 means 1cm:10m(1000cm)

scale of 1:1500 means 1cm:15m(1500cm)

and so forth...

• Nwaiku4 years agoReport

This has been giving me worries. But its okay now.
      Thanks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means every part of the drawing or model is exactly 100 times smaller than it would be in reality. Weather it's an inch or a centimeter, everything is 100 times smaller. 1 inch is 100 inches, or one centimeter is 100cm

• 4 years ago

1:1000

how many inches

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

one hundred times the size of the scale model is the actual size

• 1 decade ago

1 100th of the actual size is my guess, i dont think it is some special "code" or anything

• 4 years ago

one inch equals one foot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.