~ME* asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know the name of a movie from the 70s' or 80s' that has a town that wants to have an exit...

They give away free gas and it is a "piddly a$$ town" they also painted the whole town pink.

Update:

Sweet! thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Honky Tonk Freeway (1981)

IMDb synopsis:

Ticlaw, a small town in Florida, has only one attraction: a safari park. The government constructs a freeway that passes near Ticlaw but decides not to put an exit into the town. The people of Ticlaw, leaded by its mayor, will do anything in order to convince the governor to alter the project.

The cast is filled with familiar faces: David Rasche, Paul Jabara, Howard Hesseman, Teri Garr, Peter Billingsley, Beau Bridges, Beverly D'Angelo, Daniel Stern, Geraldine Page, George Dzundza, Hume Cronyn, Jessica Tandy, Frances Lee McCain, William Devane, Jerry Hardin, Frances Bay and Jeffrey Combs.

TRIVIA:

When released, its $24 million budget made it the most expensive comedy ever produced. It was a major failure at the box office.

Director John Schlesinger's original cut was somewhere in the range of three hours.

The entire town of Mount Dora, Florida, was painted pink for this picture.

• 3 years ago

I undergo in suggestions this one, there have been a chain of shorts produced by ability of the Hammer domicile of horror for the BBC, i think of this became one in all them. They have been in reality large memories fairly badly shot yet you will see that very humorous cameos by ability of actors who later went to be far extra infamous. you are able to attempt BBC archive for artwork attributed to the Hammer team, you will possibly discover it there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.