How do I COMPLETELY delete my browsing history?

Okay, so my laptop has been experiencing connection problems for the past couple of months. On Friday, we are taking it to get fixed. The bad thing is that I've gone to some....well......let's just say I've gone to some websites I probably shouldn't have. We started discussing the connection problems and my brother and his fiance both said that when you delete your history, it doesn't actually go away. It just goes into a seperate file that the computer people can access. First of all, is this true? Second, if number one is true, how do I permanetly delete it? And lastly, would the computer guys even look at my history when they operate on my laptop?

Favorite Answer

First i am a computer tech.

They can access your programs and programs only.

We can not look at Any documents or Internet Files what so ever that is on your computer .It is illegal and every technician has signed a slip saying he will obey these rules.

And it is not possible to delete EVERYTHING how do you think they catch pedophiles. EVERYTHING is encrypted on your computer and saved you can not delete it no matter what.You can delete like history like on google and stuff but it is still on you computer.Nothing in the world can decrypt this stuff , if there is a way it will be like government stuff for Top Secret files and stuff.

Thx

Source(s): Me
  • rowen

How To Completely Clear History

Yes and no....

when you delete it a file...

the file is decoverable until it is over written..... Problem is with windows is that say you have space 1` - 100 when you move files around it will copy a new file to spots 1-50. So the file that you delete is partly reocoverable 50 -100.... Say half the file....

data that is now over writeen can be recovered even is you delete it... windows doesn't write to a specific portion of the disk, it jumps around, so that parts of the file can be recovered... (done deliberately..)

a good way to work on this is to defrag because windows organises the data....

simple go and delete your internet history and that will fix the provblem... in IE tools, delete browser history.

Source(s): as for the connection problems do this... start, run, netsh int ip reset all this will reset all you network adapters...

Anything is recoverable if someone really wants to get it, However, clearing your cache should be okay. You can also make sure the Temporary Internet Files folder (for IE) and the cache folder (in the Firefox folders) are cleared out. Delete anything in them, then make sure you check your recycle bin and empty it.

Some computer tech have been know to scan through drives looking for freebies, including photo (yes, including porn) and music files. I've heard stories of guys copying stuff from customer drives for personal use. the clowns at that Big Box store (BB...) have been know to do this, but i wouldn't let them put new shoelaces on my sneakers.

You might want to post your problems here. Someone might have an answer that will prevent the need to visit a shop.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Okay, so my laptop has been experiencing connection problems for the past couple of months. On Friday, we are taking it to get fixed. The bad thing is that I've gone to some....well......let's just say I've gone to some websites I probably shouldn't have. We started discussing the connection...

Source(s): completely delete browsing history: https://tr.im/bj0fy

When you delete it it doesn't go to a separate file, but it is still on your hard drive until it is overwritten...To COMPLETELY get rid of it you would have to completely wipe your hard drive MULTIPLE TIMES... There are many tools to do this, but I assure you that an IT specialist wouldn't do this as it is very time consuming.. All you have to do is clear your browsing history and it should be good..

Ok well you may still have the temp files to get rid of these just run your disk cleanup - Start - All Programs - Accesories - System Tools - Disk clean up (just chek everything)

2nd they would have to go to the temp folder to find those sites if in fact they're even there

3rd most places arn't going to snoop, it violates their agreement, and they simply usually don't have the time to

4th what is your issue i'll bet you don't need to waste your money taking it somewhere i'd be more than willing to troubleshoot it so you can save yourself a boat load of cash

just shoot me and email @ evangriley@gmail.com

please explain all problems the type of laptop and any other useful info

The only way to delete your history is only if you could register with Privacy Control Paretelogic and you can find it at www.ProtectPrivateData.com, I hope that will help you cheers...

^^Ignore what he said, it doesn't do that.

Yes, there is a list that your computer keep of all the sites you visit. I believe that there are some programs which will permanently delete this list, try Googling "delete private data".

Delete my browsing history.com

In the menu bar select "Tools" then click on "Internet Options"

When the box comes up in"Browsing History" select "Delete"

Then under "History" select Delete.

While in there Delete Tempory internet files, too.