How do I fix a clogged bathroom sink

My bathroom sink is pretty much clogged the water moves by really slow. How can I fix this?

• Smiley
    Favorite Answer

This is what I do when I don't have Liquid Plumber or Drano.

First, with a wire hanger, see if you can get hair that is stuck in there.

Pour some baking soda into the drain and add vinegar. Let is sit for a few minutes and then rinse with very hot water. This usually works for me to unclog whatever was in there. Could be just hard water deposits, hence the baking soda and vinegar.

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS:

Things You’ll Need:

Drain clearing product

Plumbing snake

Step1

The first thing you should do if you have a bathroom sink with a slow drain is to flush it with hot water. Often, bathroom sinks become clogged do to a mixture of gel, toothpaste and other personal care products that become sticky and hard when they dry. Hot water helps to loosen these products back up and move them down and out the drain pipe. When flushing with hot water, begin slow depending upon how clogged the sink happens to be. At least run a sink full of hot water and wait until it drains before repeating the procedure. However, it should get faster and faster until you can easily leave the hot water on and flush the drain pipe.

Step2

Should hot water not solve the problem, take off the drain cover of the sink and check to see if visually can spot anything that is obstructing the drain. Often, hair collects around the top of the drain that can slow it down.

Step3

investing in a drain cleaning product that alleviates plumbing problems is also a way to get your drain unclogged and back to its normal speed. However you should use care when doing this since the chemicals can present health problems if they come in contact with your skin or eyes.

Step4

If the chemicals do not work on your drain, consider investing in a plumbing snake. These long wire coils are flexible for you to maneuver through your pipes. Doing so often helps break up any clogs or chunks, thus allowing water to move rapidly down the drain. Be careful though if you have used chemicals prior to this step, since some of this can come out on the plumbing snake and present a problem if not washed off immediately.

Step5

Sometimes clogs and slow moving drains are a result of a much bigger problem with your plumbing system. If nothign works, call in an expert to fix the problem for you. While it will cost, you should have your bathroom sink unclogged in no time and your morning routine back to normal.

RE:

How do I fix a clogged bathroom sink

Source(s): fix clogged bathroom sink: https://trimurl.im/a77/how-do-i-fix-a-clogged-bath...
  • Honey

Beg or borrow a pipe wrench. Put a big old towel under the basin. Use the wrench to loosen the big nuts on both sides of the "p trap" under the basin. Finish loosening the nuts by hand and carefully remove the p-trap. Carefull - it will be full of dirty water and gunk.

Dump out the water into a bucket and use a wire coat hanger to pull the tangle of hair etc. out of the trap. Hook a rag on the hanger and pull it thru the p-trap to clean out the rest of the stuff.

Reinstall the p-trap and snug up the nuts, but don't over tighten them. Run water in the basin and check carefully for leaks. If there are leaks, tighten the nuts just a little more.

Source(s): I have long blonde hair that plugs up my basin every couple of months.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ryprm

Take apart the P-trap and replace with a new one. But more importantly, remove the stopper by loosening the wingnut underneath the sink and remove it. If you regularly wash hair down the sink, you might find a huge glob of hair and soap residue attached to the stopper lever.

Are you able to loosen the connections on the trap? If so, take the trap out and see uf it's plugged there. If you've poured any chemicals in the drain don't do this. You could be burned.

The way to fix it so there is no doubt is to put a bucket under the p-trap,remove the p-trap,clean it,and reinstall it.Only takes a couple of minutes.Good luck.

well it is very simple of course we reccomend that

you must read about Maintenance & Repairs and know the

Answers from Home& Gardens

Source(s): Maintenance & Repairs