Hannah
Hannah asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Do you Prefer CM Punk in ROH or WWE & Why?

I was a big fan of his in ROH because the style of wrestling is different and now in WWE they wont allow him to use it which sucks. I still like him now but i liked him a bit more in ROH.

So, do you prefer CM Punk in ROH or WWE and why?

Best Answer

RoH

Yes, he does wrestle but, now in the WWE, they've molded him into an entertainer to appeal to his new fans and have made him forget certain moves he did in RoH and, honestly, lost some RoH fans because of that.

I really don't see Punk lasting long in the WWE with TNA still around. My prediction - 2 to 4 years. Once he says he's done it all in WWE, he'll go to TNA because it's more of a wrestling business than a sports entertainment business like the WWE

• I prefer him in ROH.

The bad thing about Punk in the WWE is that he isn't given mic time. Punk's proven prior to his WWE days that he can use the mic well. He's cut great promo's as a heel outside of the WWE. If you listen to his commentary from Satuday Night's Main Event during the 8 man tag team match, you'll see he's natural on the mic and has a lot of charisma.

Also, his in ring moves have been limited which I personally think sucks. He can do much more than he's shown in the WWE. I was a huge fan of his Pepsi Plunge and the Anaconda's Vice, but the WWE seem to be scared of letting Punk use a submission/technical style.

Good question, starred.

• Helena

ROH, I am a mark for the Second City Saints. I would like to see Punk as a heel, I just do not believe WWE would make him a cool heel anywhere close to that in ROH.

CM Punk in ROH.

In Ring of Honor, he got to be more of a unique character and use more than just basic wrestling skills to get by. It is evident that WWE is holding him back and restricting him for little reason when CM Punk has a character that can be exploited (straight-edge) and can relate to those around him more. He barely even talks on the mic, and interactions with guys like Stone Cold could've been gold.

Yeah, I loved his ROH style, it's too bad he had to change hi style when he came to WWE. Now, he's like a martial artists with his new style, I really perfer his style in ROH than WWE.They're not using him to his full abilty. He could have some great matches if they would let him unleash somre more moves that he had in ROH.

I've watched some of him in ROH on the net and I prefer him in ROH because you could see what he can do and they don't water down talent where in the wwe they do and it sucks so yeah I prefer him in ROH where he can also go hardcore and get that much more exciting watchable mood going

Cm Punk in ROH, his wrestling style was much better than what WWE allows it to be now, also he had better feuds there such as Samoa Joe.

ROH - I don't know why. But i think his promos was so much better and it looked like he put more heart into them.

And his 60-minute matches with samoa joe were 5star matches.

Now in wwe he kinda sucks. They make him look like a paper champion. His wrestling ability is very watered down. And his promos are not that good.

CM Punk ROH cause he was more believable and he had alot of crediility to be a WHC then but now he reminds me of someone that stays mid card all there career

Punk was a beast in ROH. Now the wwe has turned him into a wussie champion who cant prove himself. The wwe ruins everything.