what's the best way to kill fleas in my yard?

once i have the fleas out of our house what's the most reliable product to use on the lawn and how should i apply it?

Favorite Answer

The question to ask is why you want to kill the fleas on the lawn? When I went through a flea invasion the advice I got was to kill the fleas on my pets and not worry about the lawn.

I did get a poison to apply to my lawn, but I never used it after reading all the things that it kills. It would kill many beneficial insects just to kill some fleas. I've never had a problem once the pets were defleaed.

Source(s): My veterinarian-Crown Hill Vets- is one source. Another source is reading the packaging on the poison.

You need to apply a pesticide with an insect growth regulator. This will both kill the adult fleas and prevent the eggs from hatching. And, you will need to apply it about three times over a 6 week period. Then, use Sevin Dust as a preventer.

Really, the best way is to do it with a big tank sprayer on a truck (professional pest control). You can do it with a hand sprayer tank but you have to be very thorough. If you have a Farm store in your town, or a landscape supply warehouse, they can hook you up with the good chemicals. Otherwise, go to Lowes or Home Depot and get an appropriate size of CONCENTRATED liquid that kills fleas. Make sure you mix it according to the directions. The insect growth regulator is a seperate chemical normally, that has to be mixed in. You won't find this anywhere except at a specialty supply store. Do some research on the Internet.

BUT, if you have an animal that lives in the yard, you MUST have it treated for fleas. Get it a flea collar, or the flea pill. Otherwise, you will never solve the problem. And I know what I am talking about, because I have a pest control license.

• faulds

Homemade Flea Spray For Yard

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): kill fleas yard: https://tr.im/Fbs2D

Best time to spray for fleas or any bugs is right after a rainy day...or right after you water the yard. The water gets them to come up higher in grass...or drown in mud...they can be killed easier that way. Fleas lay their eggs in the cool areas of the yard....so not that much need to spray in the hot - dry - sunny areas.

Use an IGR to help keep flea eggs from hatching. Nylar is a good one.

Homemade recipe and it's safer to use around humans and animals too.

1. Bag of Chewing Tobacco

2. Can of Beer

3. Can of Coke

4. Pair of Old or New Nylon Stockings

5. Miracle Grow Hose Feeder is best to use

Now what you do is this you need a old pair of nylon stocking. You put about half of the chewing tobacco into the nylon stocking then tie and cut off the top so you have some sort of round bag type. So now you place that into a large pot of water then boil the water. Once that done let it cool off.

Pour about a cup (2 cups if you have a lot of fleas) of that into the Miracle Grow water feeder, then pour can of beer and coke also. Shake well. Now tighten it up and go outside and connect your garden hose to the feeder.

Start spraying the area, note this also get rid of mosquitoes too.

Repeat the process if you have a large area to do..

Other than this then you can buy those outdoor defoggers to kill them off. But this homemade stuff works because insects do not like the smell it gives off.

Put a pan of water with some dish soap in it under a light source. Fleas will be attracted to the reflected light, jump in the water, and then won't be able to jump out again. If that doesn't work, check with a professional.

they sell all sorts of flea kill products at your local walmart ,home depo , loews in the garden section. You need to decide what is best for your yard.

most reliable product i found to kill fleas in my yard if it is properly maintained and looked after is a lawn mower; that way u can keep the grass as short as possible hence eliminating the fleas hiding spots

we used sevin dust....the higher percentage's i think the 10 0/0.also we used lawn poisons like bayer.but you have to do this every three days,at least the sevin dust.and also if your house is off the ground throw some under your house.it takes a while but you will be successful evetually.a lot of trial and error.

Source(s): feed stores and home depot.