My Computer's hard drive is dead,Fix From Geek squad or new one?

well my computer is dead from all the other viruses, it turns on and says enter reboot and disk and press a key, should i fix from geek squad for about 250 or buy the same model, 735n

Update:

well my computer is dead from all the other viruses, it turns on and says enter reboot and disk and press a key, should i fix from geek squad for about 250 or buy the same model, 735n

~~~~~Reboot Disk~~~WONT WORK, HARD DRIVE IS COMPLETLY DEAD,DAMAGED,GONE! I HAVE TO INSTALL A NEW ON FOR YOUR INFO

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

if its a virus problem, you can always reformat your computer.

if you have the disk that it came with, you can delete everything and reinstall your harddrive.

everything will be deleted including the viruses.

plus its free

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I recommend doing a format and reinstalling windows, its basically what geek squad would do, and overcharge you like they do for everything for it.

Get your windows disk, pop it in, reboot, and follow the instructions carefully. don't mess with partitions, just install it where your windows is now. A quick format will do the trick.

• 1 decade ago

if you can tie your shoe you can buy and install one yourself, it will walk you through the steps and unless you need a copy of xp itll only cost about 80-100 dollars, and if you do need a copy, all of it is fairly easy,i would buy the xp first you may be able to do a format,and clean install without replacing your hard drive

• 1 decade ago

Low-level format that hard drive. Restore from the restore CDs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • enter the disk you have to reboot it your computer should have come with one.

Source(s): my computers hard drive is burnt and crashed and still using it
  • 1 decade ago

dude seriously you can like redo your whole computer it seriosuly starts all the way over! liek nothing si there, it takes all your memory out and it brand new! eathier press f7 f2 f10. when you restart your computer tap one of those! and see what happens or just call a computer place and they wioll walk you threw it!

• 1 decade ago

if just the hard drive. buy a harddrive. harddrive are easy to install.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get a new one with warranty-some HDD's csn't be fixed

• 1 decade ago

viruses don't damage the computer physically.

only the software part is damage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.