Cannot add a computer to my win 2003 domain

I get an error : " domain controller could not be contacted" I already have a DC set up, I just want to add another Win 2003 server to the domain.

The DC win 2003 server is running in virtual PC on Windows Vista ultimate. My sencond Win 2003 server is running in Virtual PC on a computer with Win XP. I see them all on my network and I'm and just trying to get the 2nd server to add to the domain of the first DC server.

Favorite Answer

Check your DNS - most issues with connectivity can be traced back to DNS errors. More information on the importance of DNS in an AD Domain, see http://www.lwcomputing.com/tips/static/dns.asp

• breath

Can they go browsing to the machines making use of a interior reach profile?examine and notice if there profiles are necessary or international.Logging in is all proper to the ensuing set of rules. Do you have any person regulations collectively with your OUs ?

hmm need more info,, what is installed on the new member?