Shaniie :] asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How Do You Make Afro-Caribbean Hair Grow Faster ?

Afro-Caribbean Hair Tends To Grow Quiet Slow, Any One Know How To Make It Grow Faster. Like Hair Products, Food Etc.

Thank You :)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

getting it braided, cornrowed. the pull helps it grow faster. also using "hair food" at the roots and if you get braids, between the braids on the scalp. they sell "hair food" at wal-mart.

Source(s): I braid, been braiding for 10 years.I Ive seen results.
  • jo-jo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You can't make hair grow any faster than it already does. No matter what race or gender.

What you can do it get split ends trimmed often and use a good salon quality shampoo, conditioners, and products to stop hair from breaking. Hair that is breaking and splitting may seem to grow much slower or not at all.

Source(s): cosmetologist
  • 4 years ago

Hair loss affects both men and women. Here are some natural remedies that can help boost hair growth: https://bitly.im/aM13I While genetics plays a role, there are other factors, including: hormonal imbalances, an underactive thyroid gland, nutrient deficiencies and insufficient scalp circulation.

• 4 years ago

And also because the hair is curly it might appear to be short because of shrinking. But it's probably because they might not take care of it well. Hair length varies with every one so i dont think its strictly a Caribbean thing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Massaging your scalp every day

Avoid applying heat to your hair

Braids help keep your hair from breaking

And Patience!

Nothing will make your hair just start growing faster, just take care of the hair you got now.

=]

• 1 decade ago

IF YOU WANT YOUR HAIR TO GROW I WOULD SAY FIRST INVEST IN SOME GOOD SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER. WASH YOUR HAIR ONCE A WEEK TOO MUCH WILL DRY IT OUT. MAKE SURE YOUR ENDS ARE CUT, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF NO NEED TO GO TO A SALON UNLESS THEY ARE REALLY BAD. TRY NOT TO PUT TO MANY CHEMICALS OR HEAT TO YOUR HAIR. AIR DRYING IS THE BEST BET IF YOUR GOING TO STRAIGHTEN WITH HEAT. DO DEEP CONDITIONS EVERY TWO WEEKS KEEPS HAIR SOFT. USE REGULAR CONDITIONER JUST PUT A SHOWER CAP ON AND SIT UNDER A HOOD DRYER IF YOU HAVE ONE IF NOT PUT A WARM TOWEL OVER YOUR HEAD. THERE IS NO FAST OR EASY WAY TO MAKE YOUR HAIR GROW, YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT. NO PERMS OR PERMANENT DYE THAT WILL KILL YOUR HAIR. NO HEAVY EXTENSIONS THAT WILL PULL YOU HAIR OUT FROM THE ROOT. JUST BE SMART IT'S REALLY COMMON SENSE. HOPE THIS HELP. I DID MICRO BRAIDS FOR TWO MONTHS AND MY HAIR GREW TWO INCHES ITS OT FOR EVERYONE THO.

Source(s): MYSELF
  • 1 decade ago

a teacher of mine (with super long hair, seriously, it's like, bottom of her back) swears on seaweed tablets,

although she doesn't have afro caribbean hair so i'm not sure,

just get regular trimmings and try not to use harsh stuff like curling or flat irons to much

good luck!

• 1 decade ago

u need to buy hair product that say that they help moisturize and give ur hair vitamins to make it healthy... and for food just eat more healthy choices like...fruit... and u should also take vitamins cuz then ur body has the nutrition it needs to do its job faster and better...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's much better if you let your hair grow naturally as this way you help reduce the risk of it all falling out later in your life

• 1 decade ago

If you get it trimed every 6 weeks or so helps make the ends stonger and fresh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.