Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 1 decade ago

Shoes for kids, what do you buy? Skechers/Nike/Target/Payless?

I have so far always bought shoes (sneakers) for my kids from Payless Shos or Target/Walmart, for $12-$20. My kids(under 10 yrs) have no particular character or kind they ask for yet. They wear sneakers to school all days(Northern California, not much rain, no snow). A pair last about 6 months. They only have 1 pair at a time.

This year, I'm thinking of spending a bit more and going for Nike or Skechers I saw for sale for around $35-$40. And buying 2 pairs, maybe one of the kind good for rainy days.

Wondering:

How much do you spend on shoes for school?

What brand and kind do you tend to buy?

What kind of shoes are good for days with light rainfall?

Favorite Answer

I spend between $10-40. I go to Walmart/Target/Payless first and let my kids decide if there is anything there they like. If not, we go another shoe store. I don't favor one brand over another. Regardless of the name on the shoe, my kids can't get a pair to last more than 3-4 months.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have so far always bought shoes (sneakers) for my kids from Payless Shos or Target/Walmart, for $12-$20. My kids(under 10 yrs) have no particular character or kind they ask for yet. They wear sneakers to school all days(Northern California, not much rain, no snow). A pair last about 6 months. ...

Source(s): shoes kids buy skechers nike target payless: https://tr.im/BLUXM

Personally, I won't invest that much in shoes while my kids' feet are still growing. It's just a waste of money. We still shop at Payless, Target, and sometimes even Kohl's. I got my daughter a pair of Skechers on clearance for like $15!

We usually don't spend more than $20 per pair and buy what we can afford, which means we shop the sales.

For rainy weather, I like some sort of boot because they keep the feel dry and warm. I like the work boots they have at Payless, but you could go with something either dressy or casual.

• witek

Payless Toddler Shoes

Last year we bought my son some name-brand shoes because we thought they would last longer. We were wrong. After about a month or so, they were completely worn out. We went to Payless and bought an inexpensive pair. Those lasted for the remainder of the year! From now on, we shop at Payless for shoes.

I buy my little girl her school shoes at Payless and Converse.

Payless is the best! I sugget that you take her when you go shoe shopping and let her decide what she wants.My childs shoes last about 2 months cause her feet grow very fast and she gets tired of it Right now shes loving nine west shoes for kids.

• Mrs. B

I buy my kids Skechers because that is what I wear, and I like them. I also like them because they have the style that looks like they lace up, but really it's elastic in the tongue, because although they know HOW to tie their shoes, getting them to KEEP them tied is an issue that I just don't feel like dealing with anymore. (You can get that style from other brands as well, like from WalMart or Target). I usually buy them a cheap pair as well for play shoes when they go outside to keep their school shoes looking nice and last longer. I usually wait until one of the shoe stores has a big sale to buy them. Right now Famous Footwear is having their buy one get one half off sale, so I will be hittin them up this weekend. ;-)

I recommend Nike because my friend has some Nike airs and she's had them for 7-8 months and they still look brand new. She's never washed them but they're still really white. Even though they cost about $100-200 AU they're worth it because they last for ages. It depends what your looking for in shoes. BTW I'm 12. I'm gonna go get some Nikes and some Skechers!

My parents make us get shoes at Wal-mart,Payless, or Target. The price range is $10-$20 and one pair at a time that lasts 6 months. Try to do whatever your budget allows you to do.

I have 4 boys and I buy good sneakers but would never pay $200. for a pair of sneakers, that person has to be out of their mind LOL we buy our boys cleats for sports as well and we buy good ones (NIKE) and only pay around $40.00. For sneakers I usually buy sketchers or NIKE because my boys run on the school cross country team and need good running shoes. My boys also like to skateboard they also like to have a pair of "skate shoes" which are usually flat on the bottom with good grip for skateboarding. or those we usually get DC, Etnies, or Vans.

I try to hit sales for example JCPenney just had a good sale on kids sneakers they were buy one get one 50% off. Kohls is also good for these things. I find that these good name brand shoes do last longer. My kids usually only need two pair a year. They usually get a new pair at the beginning of the school year and then again toward the end of the school year and honestly they have always outgrown the shoes before they have worn them out.