Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How to make homemade meatballs? Easy homemade meatballs recipes?

I gotta go to a party and am suppose to bring appetizers. Any homemade meatballs recipes or info on how to make meatballs?

thks

Best Answer

here are some easy cocktail meatball recipes.. great for appetizers!

Cocktail Meatballs

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds ground beef

10 ounces grape jelly 1/4 cup chili sauce

2 tablespoons prepared

mustard

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil.

2. Shape ground beef into golf-size balls. Place on prepared roasting pan for 20 to 25 minutes until done.

3. Meanwhile heat the jelly, chili sauce and mustard together in a 2 quart Dutch oven. Drain and add meatballs to the Dutch oven. Cover and simmer on low for 1/2 hour. Serve hot in chaffing dish with toothpicks.

Cocktail Meatballs

INGREDIENTS:

3 pounds ground beef

2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion

soup mix

3 slices white bread

2 tablespoons half-and-half 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup

1 cup packed dark brown sugar

2 tablespoons Worcestershire

sauce

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Remove the crusts from the white bread and tear into small bread crumbs. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine beef, soup mix, white bread crumbs and half-and-half cream. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and arrange in 9x13 inch baking dishes (as many baking dishes as it takes or bake the meatballs in shifts).

3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes; or until browned.

4. In a slow cooker with the temperature set to high, mix together ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil, then reduce temperature to low until you are ready to serve the meatballs.

5. Place the meatballs in the sauce and serve.

1

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?OLce

This is a recipe my aunt got from her Swedish mother-in-law. It is so good that it is mandatory at all family gatherings and it keeps the relatives coming every time!! Her Swedish mother-in-law was born in Sweden and moved to the United States with her husband in the 1915 range. You can't go wrong with this recipe. SWEDISH MEATBALLS 1 1/2 lbs round steak 1/2 lb pork steak onion - grated to taste salt and pepper to taste 1/4 tsp ginger 2 eggs about 8 slices dried bread 1 1/2 c evaporated milk Grind the beef and pork together (she grinds it 3 times but you could use ground beef and unseasoned ground pork in place of this). Put the bread in the milk and let soak until wet. Put everything together in a bowl and, with your hands, mix it together until fully incorporated. If it looks hard, add a little water. Make into balls and fry in fat (bacon fat preferably) - in today's world you could use oil but it won't taste as good. When balls are light brown, put in a casserole dish or metal pan, cover and bake on 350º for about an hour. Drain the juices and make a gravy using the juices. Pour the gravy back in the pan with the meatballs and let everyone spoon it out to go over some nice potatoes. She would cut a whole potato into 4 to 6 pieces, rolled in butter, salted and peppered and baked until golden. You could use mashed potatoes also if you wish. These meatballs are nice and tender and can be cut with a fork.

Meatballs (also makes meatloaf)

1 pound ground beef

1 box stuffing mix, unprepared (you choose the flavor-I like turkey)

2 eggs

1 sm. can tomato sauce

Mix all ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon. Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet with low sides (I recommend covering the pan with foil for less mess). Bake at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes or so (time will change depending on the size of the balls you make).

I sort of just made this recipe up. You can also add in some seasoning if you want like Tony's Chacheres, garlic, salt and pepper...whatever you like, but they do taste fine without it since the stuffing mix has seasoning already. These meatballs, as long as they're not overcooked, come out tender and moist. Hope you try it!

I do not know how many people are in the party. i assume however, that everyone is bringing something, so its safe to buy about 2 lbs of chopped meat.

Ok go to the meat department of your supermarket. They have prepared chopped meat in packages.

Buy packages of chopped meat not pork but beef.

Put it into a bowl when you get home.

Add some salt, chopped onions, (those in the jar are fine), about a fistful of cold water, 1 tbspoon of ketchup, about 3 tablesoons of breadcrumbs and mix.

You can mix with a wooden spoon but the best way is to wash your hands well, and then mix with one hand until blended completely mixed.

Wash your hand again, as it will be sticky from the meat. Now you are going to make the meatballs.

with a spoon or your hand, (I use my hand its faster) put your hand under the running cold water, grab some meat, and roll it very very lightly. there is one meatball. Do the same thing until all the balls are done.

Do not make them too small, and do not make them too tight or they will be like rocks. Just lightly form them, pat them

Thats your meatballs.

The Meat dept at most supermarkets have already made meatballs, you might want to buy them, as they are seasoned already.

To cook them for appetizers, you would want to make them on the small size.

Place them in a saucepan, and pour any choice of spagetti sauce over them and cook. Thats all there is to do...it takes maybe 1/2 hour to cook if they are small. Do not overcook or they will be like little golf balls.

Ok? thats it! If you need anymore information just let me know.

I gave you the easiest and fastest way to make what you asked for. Actually its the way I would have done it.....fast and then get to the party and have fun.

Again I stress, do not roll the chopped meat in your hands. Also by putting your hand first in the cold water it will add the water to the meatballs and keep them soft.

Do not roll them instead kinda move them from one hand to the other shapping them but not packing them..........got it? I hope so, its difficult to explain.

Good luck, let me know how it turned out. And get the already prepared meatballs at the meat department. IF they do not have any, ask them if they will make them for you....

Source(s): my own recipe
  • Daise

3 lbs hamburg

1 large onion chopped finely

1 green pepper chopped finely

1/4 cup italian bread crumbs

1 egg

seasoning blend

a big squirt of ketchup

salt and pepper

mix all together to make your meatballs and cook in fry pan with some oil until almost done and then add a jar of marinara sauce. Then cook for about 30 min. on simmer

Combine 1 lb ground pork, 6 oz pork sausage meat, 1/2 cup bread crumbs in large bowl. Roll into 1" balls. Arrange on greased baking sheet. Bake in 400F oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels.

Make sauce of mushroom soup, milk & water, with onions & peppers.

Place meatballs in baking dish, pour sauce over them, bake @ 350F for 45 minutes.

Source(s): Makes about 50 meatballs.

2.5 lbs of Ground Chuck

1 cup of Worcestershire sauce

2 cups of Italian bread crumbs

2 eggs

1/2 cup of milk or butter cream

mix all the following and roll into shape.

NEXT STEP..........................................

In a big pot add , 5 beef flavored bouillon cubes, 2 cups of Worcestershire sauce or Soy sauce, and bring to a boil slowly add in 10 meatballs at time for 6 to 7 minutes.

Once all done add to your favorite sauce either

Sweet & Sour meatballs

Beef Gravy

Spaghetti Sauce

Marina Sauce

any to your liking

Source(s): I give credit to my great grandma from Old Town Italy

Use any meatloaf recipe and just make it into meat balls. You can fry them or you can bake them.

My Mother in Law always used the same recipe for meat loaf as for her Swedish Meatballs and used a plain white sauce with chives, parsley, chervil and white pepper. No, I did not get her recipe as she used a handful of this and a handful of that. I did watch her make it one time and have been fairly successful lately on duplicating her goodie.

Any meat loaf recipe will do. You want to make sure that the meat does not end up to solid, that will make the meatballs tender. I bake them to speed up how many I can do at once. Got a good recipe off the page below, and step by step.

good luck!