HUD/FHA Loans for First Time Buyers?

Me and my husband are looking to buy our first home with average credit. I want some more information on FHA/HUD loans anyone with ANY advice would help but here are some questions i have about FHA/HUD... Whats the difference between FHA and HUD? How do i apply for a loan(on-line?) or how to find where one is... show more Me and my husband are looking to buy our first home with average credit. I want some more information on FHA/HUD loans anyone with ANY advice would help but here are some questions i have about FHA/HUD...
Whats the difference between FHA and HUD?
How do i apply for a loan(on-line?) or how to find where one is located near me?
What do i need to actually get the loan(down-payment, excellent credit?)
Also do you have to get one of the houses that they already have on the market or can you pick the one you want and then use the loan to get the house?
What are somethings that will make it a little easier to qualify for the loan?

Obviously i'm totally lost but Any additional information would help, Thank you so much!