Blurp
Blurp asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

So these are a few of the ridiculous headlines currently featured on CNN.com

Potato chips about to get healthier

Pitt-Jolie baby pix said to net $14 million

Man's smack-down by cops caught on tape

My parents named me Indiana Jones

Racy pix show missing tot's mom partying

'Monster' washes ashore -- what is it?

CNN Wire: Turkey battles forest fire in...

What in the hell is wrong with us?!Are we really given a choice as to whether or not we are Homer Simpsons ?! (This is in reference to an earlier question that was posted by someone wanting to know whether the internet was turning him into Homer S.).

wdx2bb: Ummm... Those lines were cut and pasted directly from this morning's headlines. And if all you're looking for is variety, then maybe CNN *is* the tabloid for you.

• wdx2bb
    Favorite Answer

There is all sorts of news out there. But let's take a look at CNN's top headlines as of this moment (and it's a Saturday, so let's be aware that it's not a busy news day in all probability):

WCVB: Dad accused of taking daughter caught

Obama says offshore oil stance 'nothing new'

Ticker: Win or lose, McCain has a job

150 Fatah supporters flee to Israel

Germans perform first double-arm transplant

Pollution, Internet dominate Beijing lead-up

U.S. soldiers charged with murder in Iraq

Car in police chase hits parade route; 3 hurt

Sex offender out for year ordered to jail

Was anthrax suspect model citizen or menace?

So we've got a kidnapping story solved, political developments, Middle East news, the Olympics, and the anthrax story on top of the news headlines. That's not too bad a variety.

I know the stuff you cited has been there, in the section below the headlines, but that doesn't mean I have to read it.

I get my hard news from talk radio, especially politics. These stories are an insult to America's intelligence. The mainstream media is a joke. They're dumb and they want us as company. They're dumbing us down day by day. I hope most people get their news from some other source than CNN. What a bunch of knuckleheads!! If I want to see fluff pieces (it's rare) I can check out OMG or TMZ!! : )

I know. This is totally demoralizing. You know what? Given the fukced up state of the media, we oughta just enfranchise, you know, fukcing children, babies and shittt. Because, based on most of the print and television media, I'd say the majority of Americans are working at about a 2nd grade level of comprehension. It's just ******* sad. No wonder people can be so easily pacified by Obama.