sunbeam72 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Help, my dog went to the bathroom on my mother's clothes!

I adopted a pomeranian abnout 2 months ago and he is very attached to me. A couple of hours ago he snuck into the guest room where my mother is staying and had a bowel movement in her suitcase. He also had a bowel movement on the bed when a friend was visiting about a month ago. Why is he doing this?

Favorite Answer

He is marking his territory, by peeing and pooping on other peoples things he is telling them that he outranks them. You need to become the pack leader in your house, at this time the dog outranks everyone and as long as he does he will keep marking things.

• John R

I had a Cat for a while that would do the Same thing. The Dog just does Not Like the Person or simply does Not like " Visitors" in your Home. Animals can get " Jealous " just like people. Make sure that you Warn any other Guests or the dog will Crap on their stuff too. That is what I had to do about the Cat.Keep the Door Closed to the Room that they are staying in or" Else!

Source(s): Personal Experience.

It has nothing to do with attachments. Is the dog fixed? If not get him fixed. He could also be smelling other animals on you mom or other people.

maybe because he feels like they are invading his territory.does he have a kennel just for him?might help.i had a dog,that WHENEVER my husband discplined him,he would go to his pillow and iehter pee on it or poop.we went through alot of pillows!

• DP

Cause he is spoiled, and doesn't want people there who are taking attention away from him. He is showing his dominance by crapping on their stuff.