Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is your favorite Monty Python skit?

Spiritually speaking, of course. :)

I'll never forget the bathroom appliance race, though I don't remember much Monty Python at all. Perhaps I should wander over to YT?

The opening song for "Life of Brain" cracked me up.

What was that?

Robin Wood, Robin Wood,

Riding through the woods.

Takes from the poor,

Gives to the rich.

Stupid *****.

Great answers, all. Going to voting.

Favorite Answer

Self Defense!

"Today, we're going to learn how defend against . . . fresh fruit!"

"Why can't we learn how to defend ourselves against someone with a pointed stick?"

"SHUT UP!"

lol

• Jean

Ha Ha! What's funny about this, is my father is actually going to do a Monty Python skit, and he just went to play practice! Wow. Well, anyways. Where that evil little bunny eats everybody! I love that skit!

• The Killer Bunny from Monty Python!
      I love the Holy Grenade!

Answer: I love the opening sequence of "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" as well as just about ANY skit from "Flying Circus"

I love the parrot skit, and there was a bizarre party with a gassy woman with her crude husband and a goat. I was not invited, but blessed be the cheese makers.

The Ministry Of Silly Walks is still one of my favs, but- I didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquistion

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquistion! Our chief weapon is surprise and fear. Our two weapons are surprise and fear and ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as --oh, never mind ...

The Ministry of Silly Walks

The one about silly names for politicians

and

The Ministry of Abuse

i have to say that the god scene in holy grail is the best spiritual Monty python skit.

"stop groveling! why does everyone do that?! it's always forgive me this, or, i'm sorry for that..."

My all time favorite - Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This bit from Life of Brain gets me every time: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbrP4NT0Ks

“This is the Messiah, the Chosen One!”

“No he's not.”

“Aaaagh! An unbeliever! An unbeliever! Persecute! Kill the heretic! Kill the heretic! Kill him! Persecute! Kill!"

• In Life of Brain during a number of instances when the crowd tries to worship him. Firstly, when they argue about how to worship him when he loses a shoe. Then, when he tells them to **** off, and they stand there for a moment and then one of them asks 'How shall we **** off, my lord?'. Also, when Brian says he's not the messiah, and one bloke says, 'Well I say you are, and I should know! I've followed a few in my days!'.

Other than the entire movie "MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL" I would have to say I was most impressed by the DEAD PARROT sketch, or ARGUMENT CLINIC. OWWWW!!!!

I like the three northerners. Cardboard box in middle o road.

Source(s): Life's a piece of sh*t when you look at it.