Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If the bible is so great, how come fundamentalists tend to be creepy, instead of people we all aspire to be?

even the average christian can agree that yes fundamentalists are odd people. how come if a scientist follows, studies, and knows all his books literally, s/he may discover somethign great, but if a person takes the bible literally, s/he will end up being a creepy, odd person?

thank you very much

Update:

OK my question still stands, but please disregard the details.

Update 2:

OK my question still stands, but please disregard the details. I have imbibed some of the alcohol so my argument is fallacious. however, my question stands.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We are no more and no less creepy, different, nice, mean, weird, respectable, etc,etc. than any other human.

Kp

• I just asked a similar question, are you supposed to take the torah literally. Many things listed in there are simply illegal and abhorrent today (like animal sacrifice, the price of children are appx $4, etc). Perhaps it's simply the right way to go to interpret the torah in a way that makes sense to your own life. It's supposed to enhance your life, not do the opposite.

• 1 decade ago

Actually the way i see it, I've met some pretty "creepy" non-believers who do some wierd things with putting holes in their bodies, needles in their arms, sex til it kills them. If you met me, you wouldn't think I was odd, but I'm one of the biggest fundamentalists you might meet. And when you view what's going wrong with America, It's becoming the "fashion" thing to go back to basics, when you consider that none of what your government leaders are doing is working; that is when you can catch them working and not hiding in bathrooms or behind closed doors!.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All I can picture lately is the growling cursing woman on trading spaces. Eww! She is a prime example of taking the bible literally. She said she was under constant attack and spiritual warfare. The dumbass was doing it to herself. Those poor kids. She blamed her innocent kids. She should be locked up in a padded cell. She is the poster child for literal fundies. Yeehaw.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

1 Peter 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

True Christians will be mocked, hated and scoffed at as foretold in the Bible.

Notice how the New Age Contemporary Christian Left Wing church isnt hated by the secular world? This in itself proves out its error.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And just who do we all aspire to be? Why do you think we all aspire to be scientist. That is just a silly proposition your own opinion of what a person should aspire to be and if they don't aspire to be what you do they are creepy. Go back in your trailer, watch NASCAR on your wide scree and calm down.

• 1 decade ago

Because the fundies listen to the creepy old men, and become creepy old men as they get older

Christopher Hitchens describes priests as "grotesque old virgins"

• Tommy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Who, pray tell, do we all aspire to be?

If it will help, when I carry my Bible on Sunday, I'll

leave my alien mask and Area 51 T-shirt at home.

• 1 decade ago

Great Question!

• 1 decade ago

Well i know some creepy atheists,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.