blondie96 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Does chocolate contain caffeine?

I was on an antibiotic for bv, and it messed up my stomach and my bladder...now I am on a different antibiotic to help my bladder and some stomach medicine....My doctor said NO caffeine (I dont drink pop, coffee, or tea anyways) But my dad said chocolate had caffeine in it, and I just ate a chocolate cookie........

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes there is. So if you must avoid it completely until your antibiotics are done, then you need to avoid chocolate as well as coffee, tea, and most sodas.

http://www.wisegeek.com/is-there-caffeine-in-choco...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it does

Chocolate contains a variety of substances, some of which have an effect on body chemistry. These include:

Sugar

Theobromine, the primary alkaloid in cocoa and chocolate[75] and partly responsible for chocolate's mood-elevating effect

Tryptophan, an essential amino acid and precursor to serotonin

Phenethylamine, an endogenous alkaloid sometimes described as a 'love chemical;[76] it is quickly metabolized by monoamine oxidase-B and does not reach the brain in significant amounts

Caffeine, present only in very small amounts[75]

small amounts, which means your cookie probably had barely any

Source(s): wikipedia.com
  • 1 decade ago

Most chocolate does contain Caffeine, but small amounts shouldn't hurt you. Just don't get to carried away at eating it. Too much would be a bad thing.

Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, chocolate contains caffeine that caffeine gets your nerves bug you all day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gwen H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes choclatote has caffeine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it does, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't have much.

If you still want chocolate, try white chocolate.It's still chocolate, but it has almost no caffeine since it has not much cocoa in it.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yes but, I would say that it's ok that you ate that cookie just don't eat any more.

• 1 decade ago

apparntly chocolate doesn't actually contain caffiene, but theobromine. which is one atom particle different.

• 1 decade ago

yes cafene in it and you best check everything you eat.

• 1 decade ago

yea a lot that is why u get hyper after eating it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.