Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

I am a British citizen visiting the states Is it possible to open a bank account here?

I dont have a permanent address in the USA or a business here. Can i apply for a usa bank or usa credit card?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    yes -- but do not be surprise if you have to seek a manager since the clerk in the new accounts dept may not be up on all of the requirements!!!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, there is a form on the irs website called a w8-Ben. With that form it let's non resident aliens set up accounts without a social security number and with a foreign address. You'll need your passport and another form of identifying information to set it up. Anyone in the new accounts department should be able to assist you with that. There may be a few that don't have proper training in it, but most do. Good luck.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.