FHA Loan Misconceptions of RequiredCredit Score of 580 NOT TRUE

I've been reading all over Yahoo questions and answers where FHA requires a score of 580 or higher. This is just not true. If you want TRUE answers go to their website or call them. The information below is pulled directly from their web site... show more I've been reading all over Yahoo questions and answers where FHA requires a score of 580 or higher. This is just not true. If you want TRUE answers go to their website or call them.

The information below is pulled directly from their web site at:
http://faq.fha.gov/cgi-bin/answers_hud.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=250&p_created=1136419103&p_sid=XEt5Peaj&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMDE4JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

FHA does not have minimum credit score requirements, although past credit performance serves as the most useful guide in determining a borrower's attitude toward credit obligations and predicting a borrower's future actions. Using FHA's guidelines, lenders will make a credit determination based on the merits of each case. To find out if you qualify, and how much you can borrow based on your income and debts, you should contact a HUD-approved lender.

When I started the process for my FHA, my score was a whopping 473. Granted it is up quite a bit from there and still rising now that I've figured out how to clean up my credit report 2 years after a bankruptcy and no bad accounts since.

Don't Pay for how to do things like credit repair, or fall for you have to have a certain score for government guarantee loans. Always check with the source. the 580 is what the underwriters and lenders are willing to work with because they feel anything lower is too high a risk.

THEY WILL, you just have to LOOK and NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER STOP THE FIGHT!!