Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesDodge · 1 decade ago

I need help with my truck!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.9L engine. Can anyone help me with some performance accessories? I would like to put a supercharger in it but i cant find one. And please only tell me if you actually know it works. The websites talk enough bs.

Favorite Answer

My friend used to have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and although he never actually got it, he always talked about the "paxton Novi 2000" which is a supercharger kit made by Paxton Automotive, and I did a quick internet search and found a page about this kit. I will add the link at the end, but it says it is specifically designed for the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L .

I figured I would give this information even though I do dont "actually know it works", but I have heard about it before, and it seems ligit.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it doesnt.

I also know that Ken Belle has supercharged an 02 Ram with a Ken Belle twin screw supercharger, but that was not on a 5.9L and Im not sure if they are available, but it might be worth checking into.

Source(s): www.paxtonauto.com/pdf/manuals/4809621.pdf

A supercharger simply compresses the intake air to provide a denser charge so more fuel can be ignited, thus producing more power. It also raises the cylinder pressure much like high compression pistons. You would want to limit the amount of boost pressure if you do not up grade the bottom end of the stock engine .The supercharger can be mounted on the intake or remote mounted and piped into the existing manifold,, depending on which type you buy. They are great at producing more power but making it reliably is a problem that most bolt on units lack. The power they produce must be matched to heavier components designed for additional stress and load, if not you will not have a reliable powertrain, and it will definitely fail due to the enormous loads produced.

Source(s): ASE Master certified 16 yrs.

To supercharge you need a lot different parts>cam heads> intake> computer> Steel high performance crank> To hold the pully for the SC>rods>low compression piston> Trans rebuilt for the power increase> Posi rear>Tires> It's guite a Job & $> To half do it will only cost your more for repairs> How about buying a Ford Lighting they already have it there at half the cost of what your headed for>

Headers and a cam will help alot...A better intake will also help...Exhaust is a must!!!!Do you have smog laws were you live?