About The Dark Knight (answer only if you've seen it)

I'd thought I'd do a little poll about Harvey Dent/Two-Face. It was pointed out to me that it was unlikely an absolute good guy such as Harvey Dent would turn into a murderer "just like that", even after all he's been through. He talked to his girlfriend a matter of seconds before she died, and he was... show more I'd thought I'd do a little poll about Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

It was pointed out to me that it was unlikely an absolute good guy such as Harvey Dent would turn into a murderer "just like that", even after all he's been through. He talked to his girlfriend a matter of seconds before she died, and he was permanently disfigured by being burned on one side of his face. But a counselor friend of mine says that would not be enough to prompt an abrupt change in personality, unless he was at an impressionable age, which he was not.

I say, he wasn't "the white knight" that most thought he was. Everybody has a dark side, and he already was showing the very roots of Two-Face's personality earlier in the movie. Case in point: the scene in which Harvey was flipping a coin to decide whether to shoot a suspect in the face. Sure, the coin had two identical sides at the time, but the suspect didn't know that.

What are your thoughts?