Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do Caucasions hate to admit Jesus was not blond haired with blue eyes? And don't be afraid to answer!

Remember people, Jewish is not a race of people. Jewish describes the religious affliation. The race is Israelies or in ancient times Hebrews. Also you all answer every question in the book, even stupid, ridicolous ones, but only one person answered this one before so I ask again because I truly want to know why?

• Favorite Answer

LOL! I don't think anybody says that other than psuedo-Christian occultists like Rosicrucians and neo-Nazis.

It's a safe bet he wasn't blond haired, nor blue eyed.

<eidt> Need proof? The whole "Aryan's are superior" nonsense was started by Blavatsky and her ideas were adopted by occult groups like the Rosicrucians, as well as the Nazis. Though Blavatsky was proven a fraud in her lifetime and even finally admitted it, her Theosophical Society continues on. There are chapters in several countries even today, including the U.S. Her followers will even say things like “Sure, HPB had a streak of charlatanism in her, but you have to look past that and read her teachings for what they really are.” What are these teachings? Blavatsky’s Theosophy deals with such hookum as the "seven root races". The god like giant Aryan race lived on Atlantis and lost their god-like status by intermarrying with the “semi-human” Jews. The intermarrying with Jews caused the Aryans to devolve, according to Blavatsky. Blavatsky called Judaism a “religion of hate and malice toward everyone and everything outside itself.” , while the Aryans were the most advanced people spiritually. Compare this type of mentality with that of Joseph Mengele. Theosphy is nothing but recycled occult gobbledy **** from previous books with a strong flavor of anti-Semitism and anti-Christianism thrown in for flavor! Eventually, so the story goes, the Aryans blew up Atlantis through black magic. Kaboom!

.

R. Swineburn Clymer was a Rosicrucian and created his 'Fraternitas Rosae Crucis' in 1920. Clymer had his own bizzare views of Christianity and race. Swiburne claimed “Jesus was an Aryan in whose veins flowed Aryan blood” [ref Handbook of Today’s Religions], even though his idol Randolph was black. Clymer was said to have a portrait of Jesus on his wall, depicting him as a blond haired, blue eyed man...an impossibility since Jesus was a middle eastern Jew! Jesus certainly didn’t appear different from other people since he was able to blend into a crowd and since Judas had to point him out to the Romans and could escape crowds by blending in, impossible of a blue eyed Aryan.

Some of his teachings sound chillingly similar to those ideas espoused by Nazis. Clymer was a strong believer that expectant mothers should follow an occult regimen of diet and meditation to bring about a race of “Supermen”. A biography written by the Rosicrucians (probably ghost written by Clymer himself) from 1955 states "Dr. Clymer is convinced more firmly than ever that racial or blood purity is an absolute essential to the attainment of the highest degree of development not only for the individual, but also for the country alike... He felt that the man who loses his race pride begins to deteriorate. This applies to all races as well as individuals." So Clymer was just yet another Neo-Nazi wolf in Theosophist sheep clothing.

<edit> And yes, some Nazis did believe the "Aryan Jesus" nonsense. It had been a belief in some occult societies in the 19th century and it made it's way into Nazi Germany.

" Almost all of the Nazis I investigated esteemed Christ, with only one important exception. Now how did they square the circle by esteeming the king of the Jews? By determining that, all along, Jesus had really been an ‘Aryan.’ It sounds obscene of course, and it is obscene. "The Holy Reich: Nazi Conceptions of Christianity, 1919-1945 by Steigman-Gall:

They had to twist things around to fit their evil ideology.

The point of all this is real Christians don't believe in a blond haired blue eyed "Aryan" Jesus.

Yes, he was a caucasian. There are only three races; black, asian, and caucasian. The Jews fall into the later HOWEVER most of them don't have blond hair and blue eyes. Jesus certainly had olive skin, brown eyes, and black hair.

Source(s): http://usminc.org/rosicrucian.html http://usminc.org/hitler.html http://usminc.org/kingjesus.html http://usminc.org/blavatsky.html The Holy Reich: Nazi Conceptions of Christianity, 1919-1945 by Steigman-Gall http://www.goodrumj.com/CavalliS.html (yes, humanity is divided into three major races... before someone says it isn't) AND IT DOESN'T MATTER, WE'RE ALL GOD'S CHILDREN

First of all, Jewish is an ethno-theological heritage; it is both a ethnical population and a religion. This is complicated by several factors including that Orthodox Jews and Zionists do not accept converts to be true Jews, but Progressive Jews do. It is also likely that the Ancient Hebrew people were made up of a varied population of nomads that already had a diverse ethnic background.

Second, as far as "race" is determined. The most recent theories on race indicate that there is no distinct "Caucasian" race and that they are actually a hybrid of the ******* and Mongol races.

Actually, 'Israeli' is the nationality, not a 'race'.

As Jews we are a people, a family and a religion.

You are right, though: Jesus was Jewish and lived in what is now once more Israel, the Jewish homeland. So he would have resembled many present day Israeli men! Israeli men whose families came from Arab countries or Mediterranean countries, probably.

TO CORRECT earlier answers:

Jews are NOT a 'race'. If we were HOW could people convert to, and from Judaism, which they do?

Nor are we an 'ethnic' group. There are Jews from ALL ethnicities. We do not share one unified 'ethnic' history nor appearance.

As Jews, we are a tribal religion and the best word to describe us is FAMILY. After all, that's how the Jewish people started, remember?

I dont understand what this fetish is with Westerns and skin colour, but I will explain this as I have dont many tmies before. Jesus was a Jew. Jesus lived in the Levant. People in the Levant are usually much lighter then other parts of the Levant. Therefore it is possiable that Jesus could of have either no olive complex or a light to medium olive complexion. He probably had red highlights in his hair(red highlights in the Middle East is considered red hair). His eyes could have been dark or blue. Blue eyes and red hair have been present in the Middle East for thousand and thousands of years, so its defintatly a possiablily. As to why Western Protestants dont like to admit to the Eastern orgins of Christianity, it probably has to do with some Euro-centric menatlity they hold, even though pretty much all modern European cultures have been greatly influenced to that point that most of it direves from Eastern cultures(Medditrean, Middle East, etc).

Jesus - Yesu, as the Catholics say. Yesu is an Assin(Essen) tribal name. This is from a tribe that lived in the Ugandan region with the Akan Nation(Now on the coast of West Africa) and scattered over the earth and in the islands of the seas. They moved to southern Egypt to settle and become the historic Egyptians, then they were thrown out by the Nubian, another set of Africans (of Abyssinia) and became the Afrim(Ephraim) These people occupied Palestine before the Romans plundered and took charge from the Greeks. The Assin tribe of yesu now lives in the region of Ghana, but many came here as slaves. That is how the new portrait of Yesu came in. In convincing the people of the New World that slavery would be justifiable, Christopher Columbus' brother who was of high stature in the Roman Catholic faith declared that Africans were soulless and fit for the rigors of slavery. At the same time, the dark pictures of Yesu and the Maddona started dissapearing, being replaced by new ones. If slavery was to happen and the predicted desolations of Dwoada(Judah) and Afrim(Ephraim) was to take place, then the white people could not be told that these were the people of the Bible. Zion where they once lived became a fantasy in the sky, North East Egypt even turned to the middle east. In AD 70 the Roman ruler chased out the Africans out of Palestine in what was similar to the apartheid system in South Africa. In AD 132, the ruler of Rome again followed up with visious destructions of these people - even kkk style executions on crosses. The Assin remnants or Essens from which Jesus came were finally driven out to erase the black images according to the prophecies. The lands were desolate except for strangers who now inhabitted it. Of interest is the fact that the Roman Catholic is the only Church that still uses the exact Assin tribal name 'Yesu'. The other Churches use corrupted names to hide the identity. However, the Africans can easily decipher these things. It is the white people who will be conned.

Ah, I sympathize with you on this question. I am not Christian, but I do know plenty in my small town.

I wish I knew all of these people who answered this question instead. For I do not know a single person (where I live!!) that would admit that Jesus was dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes.

I assume people think that Jesus was a fair skinned blonde/brunette, whatever, because that is what we look like. We had no pictures of him, so we modeled him after our own people.

I think that the people who believe he was fair skinned, etc is because they're too close minded to admit anything other than what they grew up on, what they were taught, and I know for a fact that the people here are also very racist. They do not like to think of their savior's son as a dark skinned person.

FYI I really mean no offense by any of this.

I am a Christian and (so far as I know, which may not be the complete story!) descended entirely from Caucasians.

I think it unlikely that Jesus had blue eyes or blond hair, because those aren't common features for that ethnic background. But I don't know what he looked like.

True, a lot of the most familiar depictions do show such features. Sometimes that makes me a little uncomfortable, but I would rather that people from other groups (for instance, Americans of African descent) feel free to depict him with features common among them, instead of trying to create an obviously fictional depiction of what he "really" looked like.

Source(s): Everyone please note that: (1) the following excerpt was intended as satire; and (2) it is offered here as an illustration of the foolishness of taking such depictions too seriously. "And he wrote and published at his own expense a book that combined not only dentistry and theology, but the fine arts as well. The name of the book was Christ Was Not a Jew. He proved his point by reproducing in the book fifty famous paintings of Jesus. According to Jones, not one painting showed Jewish jaws or teeth." -- Kurt Vonnegut, "Mother Night"
  • Malika

Tarif-

This is my theory. The images the Western world has of Jesus are done by Europeans. So, they painted, sculpted, drew Jesus in their own images. Same with Mary, Joseph and the Apostles.

So, many of us grew up thinking this is how Jesus really looked. So, yes, it is a bit of surprise to realize he wasn't White or had blond hair. But, it is very interesting and enlightening to learn how he may have looked via Cultural Anthropologists and other scientists. It's something to think about, right?

The Middle East back then was quite different from the way it is now

"A land of wheat, and barley, and vines; of fig trees and pomegranates; a land of olive oil and honey."

Israel was forrested almost like

Canada at Yeshua's(Jesus's) time not open and bare to the sun as it is today.

To me it does not matter what race Jesus is. In my opinion there is only one race, the human race. But here is a bit of trivia for you

As we know from early Christian writings, the Apostle Luke the Evangelist personally knew the Virgin Mary and based several chapters of His Gospel on Her recollections. He even quoted Her exact words several times. He was a physician and an artist, and because of his affection for Her, he painted Her portrait, from which later icon painters made copies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Our_Mother_of_P...

My opinion on this is that you are overgeneralizing. If someone believes in Jesus just enough to believe that he has blue eyes & blonde hair then they should know that there is no way of knowing what Jesus looks like. Sure there are pictures, but how can you be completely sure? It doesn't matter if he's purple with green hair...the only way to get to the Father is through the Son.

Jews are a bloodline. A race of people through Abraham. Jesus was of the Jewish race and looked like a Jew since that Jesus was said to be unremarkable in appearance.