Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
How do i block a website
i want to block any website
- Samuel AdamsLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
How to Block A Website in Windows Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer. In the Menubar click Tools > Internet Options > Content. In the Content Advisor box, click Enable.
2. Click the Approved Sites tab. Enter the address of the website.
Keep in mind - if you want to block the complete website put * in front. For example to block myspace completely, type *.myspace.com
Click Never and then OK.
3. Click on the General tab and sure to select Users can see websites that have no ratings
4. Enter a password you can remember easily with a hint.
5. Hit OK. Surf safe Internet.
How to Block A Web site in All Web Browsers (Windows XP)
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
2. Click Command Prompt This will open a DOS command window.
3. Type: notepad C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts
4. Locate the line 127.0.0.1 localhost
5. To block the website google.com for example, just add this text under 127.0.0.1 localhost:
You can add as many sites any site, However you will need to prefix it with "127.0.0.1".
6. Save the file
Google will now be blocked in all web browser. This is an advanced but easy method on how to block a Web site.
NOTE: This method is how some viruses block your ability to access a site.
- 6 years ago
The best way to get around is to use a proxy.
Downside is a lot of proxies make money on you by selling your data or even use your account to sell likes.
I personally watch a lot of movies at work and use a free trial proxy (no personal/payment info needed).Source(s): www.visitblockedwebsites.com
- Anonymous5 years ago
You can edit host file or you can also use filter program like Aobo Filter for PC.
- Anonymous1 decade ago