What do you think of Wal-Mart allegedly asking its managers to lobby against Obama? Is this moral?

Is this a conflict of interest? Is this any of Wal-Mart's business? Does this scare you? Shouldn't Wal-Mart leave their managers alone? Politics and business at the workplace should be mutually exclusive, no? Do you want your boss telling you who to vote for, which is what this amounts to, doesn't it? What do you... show more Is this a conflict of interest? Is this any of Wal-Mart's business? Does this scare you? Shouldn't Wal-Mart leave their managers alone? Politics and business at the workplace should be mutually exclusive, no? Do you want your boss telling you who to vote for, which is what this amounts to, doesn't it? What do you think? I am open to different viewpoints and encourage them. Leave the insults at the door though. That will not be tolerated.
Update: If this true then Wal-Mart should be charged if allowed by the law. This seems unconstitutional to me. I'm not a lawyer.
Update 2: What authority over employees does the union really have? It is not the same as a manager.
Update 3: What do you think the result will be? What was the intent of the meeting? Isn't it a bit premature? You have to read between the lines and not just take it at face value. Think about the consequences.
Update 4: A lot of companies are scared of unions. But here's a thought, keep your employees happy by being fair and reasonable. Target is a great place to work, compared to Wal-Mart.
Update 5: The last place I worked, I got along great with the owners. I didn't have the us vs. them mentality that some of my coworkers had. I saw it as we were more of a team with a common goal. It worked great. I was happy there.
Update 6: There isn't a union at Wal-Mart because Wal-Mart has been effective at keeping the union out. If Wal-Mart did right by its employees then it wouldn't even be an issue.