Have you heard that Wal-Mart is so anti-union, they are forcing Managers to organize against Obama?

Because they fear that he will be a Worker friendly President.

I knew there was a reason I shop at Target other than the fact that the stores are cleaner, more organized, and I can get assistance whenever I need it.

To Katherine: TOYOTA is beating out GM because GM makes crappy cars...that's a no brainer. It has nothing to do with unions or anything else. If GM and other automakers would make better cars, Americans would buy them before a Honda or Toyota.

To Canadamama 2: Thanks for the tip on that book, I'll check it out this weekend.

Favorite Answer

Wal-Mart is evil and coincidentally, it isn't any cheaper to shop there. They draw you in with "rollbacks" on popular items but all the other items actually cost more - so in the end, you come out even. Anyway, I suggest you read "Nickle and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich. A first hand account of trying to get by in America on minimum wage. Wal-Mart is featured and it is quite enlightening - Wal-Mart has been bullying its employees out of unions for a long, long time.

Yes. I like Wal Mart clothes. I bought a striped shirt for like 3 dollars and i love it.

BOYCOTT WAL MART, their service is awful anyway. I know companies has the right to discuss non unions, but to name a political figure why during it is unethical. Its seems like they are using the same scare tactical bush used to justified the war. Laying off that's a joke companies lay off all the time. Talk to GM and others about that and the fact that unemployment is at an all high, while under bush, the jerk they call a president. We have a better chance with OBAMA, than mccain.

Let me see, Wally World might be forced to pay their workers at the lowest levels a living wage? And maybe be forced to abandon Medicaid as it's healthcare program for it's lower paid employees and pay for REAL health insurance instead?

Sam Walton must be spinning in his grave at about 150,000 RPM by now. Wally World under Sam was noted for taking care of the entire family, to wit the number of low-level workers who retired as multi-millionaires because of the stock options that were handed out like candy on his watch. Sam knew the value of his employees and made SURE that they were well cared for. The stockholders today (mostly heirs to his fortune; he'd be the richest man in the world if he were still alive) care only about the bottom line. If they get "burned" by a Democratic administration and veto-proof Congress then they deserve what they get.

Sam wasn't worried about unions. He didn't have to be. His employees weren't interested in them because they trusted Sam to be fair with them and Sam delivered in spades.

Yeah, what are the odds that it backfires?

I means, as soon as you know Wal-Mart management is in favor of something, you pretty much know it is bad for just about everyone else.

I have heard:p

George Soros could bye out Wal-Mart.

George Soros has, a non-American citizen-donated hundreds of millions of dollars to get Obama elected.

I would hope he would let the workers of Wal-Mart decide whether they are union or non-union employees.

When my friends un wed mother daughter applied for a job at Wal Mart, they gave her an application for the job, and an application for Welfare at the same time. That's how poor their pay is.

Source(s): My neighbor.

I shop at Walmart on occasion. I've noticed that it always much quicker to check out through the self service machines. The actual hourly employees are near useless.

If they unionize and demand higher pay, they aren't worth it. Walmart would buy a few more machines and just hire intelligent employees to oversee them. Forcing a company to dump it's idiot workers is not worker friendly.

fs

I am anti-union also.I am anti-Obama also.

unions only hurt the economy.look at the auto industry,TOYOTA is beating the tar out of the largest auto manufacturing company in the U.S. GM,and its because of UNIONS.when those jobs are gone,they will never return and,you can thank UNIONS for it.

Obama is a "tax everything" liberal and tax payers are sick of his in-experienced views on the economy.

Yeah that action would cause prices to sky rocket and then there would come the next walmart to drive Walmart out of Business.

It's Economics stupid.