Is it really possible to be Bisexual if you are a woman in today's society?

Just a general question. I consider myself to be bisexual because I have dated and am attracted to members of both sexes. But it seems to be a growing trend for women everywhere to claim to be bisexual and to fool around with other women because it attracts attention from other people and makes them seem more interesting. If you are a male and claim to be bisexual it is usually true. A man wont fool around with other men just to seem cool, unless they really do like men as well. I just think it is too easy for a woman to go "Oh my god, you think two women kissing is sexy? Well I am a bisexual, its true" but behind closed doors they really hate it. It is also easier for women as a whole to be openly attracted to other women and it isn't criticized or scrutinized as much. Which brings me to my question. Are bisexual women REALLY bisexual or is it part of our design to be partly attracted to women?

Favorite Answer

It is possible - but when you say you are attracted to both, do you want to fall in love/create relationships/properly date/ be in a partnership with both - i know what you mean about girls pashing or having sex purely for the attention of men or for popularity or whatever - but women have been sleeping with men because society told them thats what htey had to do for thousands of years. Remember people are generally simple - these girls might claim to be bisexual, and maybe they are just bicurious - or perhaps they like kissing girls/sleeping with girls but they just want a relationship with men only. I guess we don't have enough nouns yet!

You can't let others sexuality (whether fake or not) define your sexuality. In saying that all women admire other women - we are taught to say that our friends are good looking and we hug/kiss our friends more than men, we also tend to form alot more emotional/sharing relationships with members of the same sex. i guess lines are always blurred.

I understand what you are saying and I really am bisexual. I was born liking women just as much as I like men. But there are a lot of women who do it only for the attention. I think the real difference is whether those women are willing to actually have a relationship with another woman (truly bisexual) or if they just like making out at parties in front of guys (only doing it for attention). The world will forever be filled with both kinds. Oh and i completely agree with you about guys. I don't think they would make out just for attention if they were totally straight.

It's more common for a woman to be a full on bisexual because it's more prevalent in their makeup. If you'll notice, there are hardly ever any bisexual men. Women are just turned on in different ways. A recent study showed that women are more aroused by the act of sex, than they are by a naked person standing around. It's not that way for men. The gay men are attracted to men and the straight men are attracted to women. You just won't find nearly as many bisexual men as women, and some would suggest that there actually are none. Just men who haven't fully accepted their homosexuality.

For women, there's always a question of bisexuality. In fact, as this study suggests, it's quite possible for ANY WOMAN to be bisexual. For men it's usually a white and black but for ALL women, there is a gray area. What differs is how big of a gray area there is.

So, of course, it's probably more socially acceptable and welcome for a woman to be bisexual than a man, but that's not to suggest that there isn't a reason why. There ARE more bisexual women than there are men because almost all women will probably have sexually/intimate thoughts about other women in their lifetimes.

Check out these:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/12/why-strai...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22809222/

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/health/05sex.htm...

By the way, I HATE Katy Perry's song!! Gah!!!!

Ok here's the thing, everyone keeps saying its just puberty, and you should wait. And maybe thats true, but some people, if they feel strong enough about it, will be in denial of who they really are. Even I am not sure, I had this relationship (kinda) with this girl at my boarding school. It was complicated, but made me realize that I am bi/ possibly gay. I first realized it when I would only be turned on by girl interaction, not by guy interaction. I was petrified by the thought, I was thinking that it wasn't right, and that in society, I need to be straight. At first, I could never see myself with a girl, but with everyday coming and passing, its becoming even more clear. While i'm still not completely sure who I will end up with, I can still see myself with both. You say that really deep down you feel straight, but that may just be your denial. So just go with the feeling, find a girl to talk to. Don't go too fast, take it slow. And compare those feelings with that of a past relationship with guys. Hope you do well., and better than me.

I have to agree completely. I am noticing this annoying trend. Many bisexual women only like to fool around with women and not have a relationship or actual lesbian sex with them. Like you stated most of the time these women do it to not only add an extra dynamic to themselves but to actually attract men. After all, we all know it's every guys fantasy to see two girls make out.

As for guys who say their bisexual. It either means they actually do like both sexes OR are covering up/in slight denial of their complete homosexuality.

EDIT: If you're questioning yourself it most likely means you are a true bisexual and there are *real* bi females around in this day and age.

well, i find myself attracted to some women but never in a million years would i dream of having sex with any of them...

i respect the female body, i think its beautiful... but that doesnt make me bisexual..

i get what your saying and i think all those girls your referring to are just in it for the attention as you said... they arent SEXUALLY attracted to the girls they're gettin jiggy with.. they just want the men to think they're hot and lets face it.. guys LOVE the idea of a potential threesome with 2 ladies and himself.... the fakers just do it for the attention from other guys...

you know if your bisexual or not.. they know they arent bisexual.. but they'll deny it till they're blue in the face.

• Yes it is. Other girls actions and false identity shouldn't make you ask this. If you know who you are don't let anyone make you question that. If straight girls are claiming bisexual, that's exactly what they are. A straight girl playing bi. That doesn't mean that because you self identify that way, that you fall in the same box.

• bisexuality or homosexuality is more accepted if it is a women than a man. its a double standard thats dumb.

fake bisexuals and lesbians arent too popular with the real ones. they just thin kits cool or hot...being fake is so not.

Source(s): to all of Grrrr!!!s contacts...can you guys add me again...thanks.love you guys.

The only reason people do that is just for attention, and in all honesty i pity them. Its wrong to do that if you aren't really attracted to both sexes

• ADR

Nah, the fake bisexuals are sexually attracted to attention. If it's the girls you like, you're fine.

Shame all these posers have made you question your genuine intentions.