Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Doesn't anybody realize what Walmart..

Is doing to us? Wal Mart is ruining our society, they're putting our big companies out of business! Out in Ohio, their biggest plant was shut down because of Wal Mart, now they have no clue what the High School students around that area are going to do when they're older. They're greedy, take advantage over others and also make you think you're paying less. Even though when you're paying less, you're making others lose their jobs because of Wal Mart. They're awful! I miss Sam Walter, he was good then once he died, his stupid children took over the business and ruined everything.

I posted this in another question. But what do you think of Wal Mart? I mean.. I think it's awful. I'd rather go to a place where I'd spend about 25 cents more or so on an item than go to Wal Mart. Many people are getting lay-off it's pretty messed up.

Hahaha I just remembered about that episode. Yes haha that was good.

Well I've watched about 5 videos about Wal Mart. Also.. I am all about America, but really this company is bringing us down. It's even affecting China since all of our transportations are from there

• mary d
    Favorite Answer

I worked for Wal-Mart and when Sam was still alive...he was a good man and had good business ideas but since he is gone WalMart is just a giant corporation and there is nothing to feel good about. The giant stores (250,000 sq feet or more) are rediculous you have to walk a mile to get in then wander around an hour or more to find anything...that is their secret, keep you wandering around as long as possible because the longer you are in the store the more you will buy. All the stuff is from China so what happened to the "Buy American" campaign they had when Sam was alive? Notice all the physical inventory on the shelves..they are gonna be in a world of hurt if sales don't improve because it takes a lot of sales to pay for everything unroof of one of those gigantic store and take that times the thousands of store they have...they will fall a lot harder than Kmart did.

• Music

I like wal mart. Yes it sucks that it is taking all the business from other stores BUT if the other stores were as good then they'd be fine.

Look at your country, no offense but it's not very wise with money, your economy is complete **** right now. It can spend millions on a war that has no reason at all but what about education? **** education is what your government says.

Complaining will change nothing. The workers at the other stores obviously didn't put up a fight for their job. Clearly the stores didn't bother to try to beat the competition. So that just makes the store owners lazy.

That's my opinion.

• Rem

Walmart is pretty much the only company that I hate. Not only do they rip off mom and pop shops but they don't pay their employees enough to live off of. They will actually teach you how to get on welfare because they know they pay their employees close to nothing.

I watched a show about Walmart and the factories they have in other countries like China and how in the factories they work for less than $0.40 a day. The factories have dorms and whether the employees live in them or not the factory still makes them pay for rent. They work 7 days a week often for 15 hours or more and the employees are threatened that if they tell "inspectors" what is really going on that they will be fired.

Monopolies are bad but unfortunately Wal-Mart is good for the poorer folks of the world (myself included at this time). People prefer a better deal than jobs for people they don't know.

Although it is good to care about others...

ALL large corporations are like that. Just picking on Walmart will not solve anything.

I don't care how many companies go out of business because of Walmart because chances are, they deserve to be out of business just as much as Walmart does. And I am not paying more than I have to for the same thing somewhere else...maybe you'd feel better if you gave your money to another morally bankrupt company?

First of all...the founder of Walmart was Sam Walton not Sam Walter...

And who cares if they put other people out of business!

They want success and they're getting it.

That's how things work and if you don't like it then your're gonna be left behind with your mediocre hopes and dreams.

Give me a break...

Wal Mart is amazing...

Only the strong deserve to survive.

Yes I know this I heard they want to open up a clinic in walmart too pretty soon there will be an auto dealership at walmart and/or apartment complexes. Its sad but lots of people are going to go there to save a dime even because the cost of living is going up people got to save where they can.

I love Walmart, Great bargains, much cheaper than competitors. I can save a lot of money when I go there to shop. Those kids in Ohio should set their goals higher and head to college instead of being stuck in a low paying factory job. Our problems here in the US have very little to do with walmart! many people I know are employed by walmart. They are treated fairly and paid well with good benefits.

Yes. People like WalMart just because it's cheap, however some fail to realize the damage they cause to other businesses. They rip off their suppliers. There's a REASON why the things there are so inexpensive, and it's not a very nice one.

don't shop there. If you are then you have no room to complain. In a capitalistic society you can pay more cash for something if you'd like. Walmart was made as a no-gimmiks place for people to shop.