METRONIDAZOLE (flagyl) during pregnancy?

Im 21 weeks pregnant and had a papsmear done about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I just recieved a call from my nurse/midwife yesterday telling me they had found some bacteria and asking me if they had given me medication to treat it. They hadn't. So, she told me she would put the call in for the prescription and I could pick... show more Im 21 weeks pregnant and had a papsmear done about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I just recieved a call from my nurse/midwife yesterday telling me they had found some bacteria and asking me if they had given me medication to treat it. They hadn't. So, she told me she would put the call in for the prescription and I could pick it up anytime.

While I was EXTREMELY aggrivated that it had taken them that long to let me know this, she didn't make it seem like it was anything too serious and I know how common bacterial problems can be during pregnancy. So, I wasn't too worried, until I picked up my prescription today.

Im a bit of a worry wart so once I knew the name of the medication (METRONIDAZOLE, FLAGYL) I decided to look it up online. Seeing I don't know exactly what kind of infection I have Im concerned after reading all the things its used to treat. And the fact that its a controversial drug pregnancy. Does anyone have any experience with this medication during pregnancy?