Would there be any assistance for our situation?

Our sill plate on our house is rotten the entire way around the house. My husband is fixing it himself (or at least trying to) We are getting so much money wrapped up into the lumber to repair it and we are a lower income family with 2 children would there be any kind of assistance program to help us? I live in Pennsylvania. Thanks.

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Ideally you should have a house mover jack up the house a fraction of an inch- if you do it yourself don't crack the existing tile floors, if any. Rent a couple, or more, of house jacks, the solid iron, screw type ones and a sawsall to cut the bolts and nails if necessary-replace as long a sections as you can, breaking the joints under joist or underpinning stud. Add FHA straps at the joints and drill and epoxy in new bolts.

  • Ingrid
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    If you can, take a picture of the problem and take it to your local

    Home Depot (or so). They have Experts who can advise you and

    guide you.


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.