I work for the state of Arkansas.

I was told that if I left my job and went to work for any school district, I could keep my inbestment time (years of experience) if I returned to work for the state again. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

It should be as long as the school is a public school. because it's state funded. My mom worked for public schools for several years and quit and went to work in a state funded hospital and all of that added together.. so as long as it's all state funded, there should be no problem. You might call the teacher retirement system or even talk to a local school and they could tell you but I am sure you can.

Should be. This is how it works here. I work for the state of South Carolina. Also, depending on the school district that may add to your years. Your years of experience should be a factor in when you get to retire and leave time.