How do i collect a Judgement of $10500 from a ahole tenant who was evicted by me in Long Island, NY.

What can i do? Please Help!!!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can also look into putting a lien against any property and credit they have. With a lien, if they ever want to make a large purchase like a car or a house, they will have to pay you off first before they can complete the purchase. You may have to pay an attorney to get that done for you. Look up on the Web for your state and ways to do this.

• 1 decade ago

You need to get the eviction papers ( assuming you have a judgement ) and start a civil litigation to receive your money. When you get the judgement on the litigation then you place a lien against the ahole assets ( if tenant have any ) and that is the problem that because you may be entitled to the past rentals etc, etc, but if there is no available assets you may end up spending more money to get nothing..., Howerver my friend, assuming that this is one your investment property you may claim a loss on your income taxes, along with all other deductions including mortage interest if any, repairs, mileage or gas on your car and any other moneys you spent to resolve the issue.

• BZR
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Was the judgement actually awarded to you in a court? If so, you could take it to a collections agency, but I believe they take a cut of the sum for their services.

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Go to court and have a judgement filed against the person...

There really isn't a whole lot you can do, its hard to squeeze blood out of a turnip

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

that's barely 4 days so which you would be able to placed up with it. on the 5th day you are able to refuse all mail coming of their names. talk to the mail provider, however the tenants could have their forwarding handle registered with the USPS via that factor.

• Katy M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Collection agency, or you can petition the court to get their wages garnished.

• 1 decade ago

collection agency... they take money but its worth it

unless you need the full amount...

• 1 decade ago

court

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.