Who do I contact to find out eligibility requirements for the GI Bill

I'm in the IRR and I want to find out how I can get my GI Bill, how much longer I'm authorized it, things like that. I know when you are active duty or drilling (for the Reserves) you have to pass your PT test to get paid every month. I need to find out all of the details cause I'd like to take a class for my civilian job. Thanks!

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    This should help answer all of your questions. This is the official Montgomery GI Bill web page. Good Luck


    Source(s): Currently in the military and brief on this issue
  • AJ
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Your GI Bill has nothing to do with passing PT tests or anything like that. Go to the GI Bill website and all the requirements are listed out very clearly.

  • 1 decade ago

    I know that for the "old G.I. Bill" and the education incentives that replaced it you had 10 years from the date you left the military to use them.

    Contact the GI Bill rep at the college you want to take the course at. They are the ones that assist you with filling out and submitting your application. You may contact the VA and speak to an education counselo as well..

    Source(s): Retired military/used my GI Bill while enrolled at the University of Alaska, Anchorage.
  • 1 decade ago

    On the internet web address type in:

    VA Fact Sheet June 2008

    Click on the official website & download the

    Department of Veterans Affairs

    "The Post-9/11

    Veterans Education

    Assistance Act of 2008" pamphlet.

    Source(s): Veterans Rep - State of GA
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Call the VA 800 number, they can look up your SSN and tell you what you are eligible for if anything. Also visit www.va.gov for the link to the GI Bill benefits.

  • 1 decade ago

    Call 1-888-GIBILL1 they should be able to help you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.