Who do I contact to find out eligibility requirements for the GI Bill

I'm in the IRR and I want to find out how I can get my GI Bill, how much longer I'm authorized it, things like that. I know when you are active duty or drilling (for the Reserves) you have to pass your PT test to get paid every month. I need to find out all of the details cause I'd like to take a class for my civilian job. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

This should help answer all of your questions. This is the official Montgomery GI Bill web page. Good Luck

http://www.gibill.va.gov/

Source(s): Currently in the military and brief on this issue
  • AJ

Your GI Bill has nothing to do with passing PT tests or anything like that. Go to the GI Bill website and all the requirements are listed out very clearly.

I know that for the "old G.I. Bill" and the education incentives that replaced it you had 10 years from the date you left the military to use them.

Contact the GI Bill rep at the college you want to take the course at. They are the ones that assist you with filling out and submitting your application. You may contact the VA and speak to an education counselo as well..

Source(s): Retired military/used my GI Bill while enrolled at the University of Alaska, Anchorage.

On the internet web address type in:

VA Fact Sheet June 2008

Click on the official website & download the

Department of Veterans Affairs

"The Post-9/11

Veterans Education

Assistance Act of 2008" pamphlet.

Source(s): Veterans Rep - State of GA

Call the VA 800 number, they can look up your SSN and tell you what you are eligible for if anything. Also visit www.va.gov for the link to the GI Bill benefits.

Call 1-888-GIBILL1 they should be able to help you.