DDR Pelican dance pads aren't working after a power surge, any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

My friend and I were playing DDR yesterday and it was storming outside. All of a sudden we see this bright blue light flash with a loud crackling pop around the PS2 box. Then the TV, VCR, DVR, and other box thing we have all went out, but the lights didn't or anything else other than what I mentioned above. The PS2 box didn't go out either. All of the things that went out are all plugged into one outlet so I think that has something to do with it, but now we got everything working again, except the dance pads aren't working. I know it's the dance pads because I used a controller to play and it worked fine. Does anyone know what could have happened? Thank you, and sorry for the long explanation.

Favorite Answer

Likely that your dance pad is fried. I'd recommend buying a power surge protector and plugging everything into there. They are a good insurance to protect your tech investment.