Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

How does Mr. Clean Magic Eraser work?

Ive never bought one - do they really work, and if so, how!

Favorite Answer

http://www.viewpoints.com/search?q=mr+clean+magic+...

Here are some Mr. Clean Eraser reviews if you want to read up on them more.

Source(s): www.viewpoints.com/home-garden

We use them all the time. We use them where ever in the house that we have a scuff on the paint. We actually just bought a wrought iron bed and I accidentlly knocked it over and it fell into the wall and left really bad marks but the Magic Erase took them all away. All you do is run a little corner under water, squeeze out remaining water and use it on your scuffs, and it kinda starts to fall apart, so make sure you break that part off for the next time you use it. And always keep it damp. Good luck!

I can't live without the Erasers. They get everything that a regular household cleaner won't clean. Crayons, markers, scuff marks, heavy soap scum all with minimal effort. All you have to do is get them wet and wipe whatever you're cleaning. I do usually spray over the area I just cleaned w/ a regular household cleaner or even just a damp rag because it can leave a residue but it's worth it when you see how amazing it cleans.

• Laura

I don't know how they work, but I did get some once and they worked really well. So I would suggest you to give them a shot. It worked really good on scuffs and smudges on the wall and floor that were hard to get off otherwise. I only used them for the REALLY tough jobs, so I don't know about any other surfaces, but I know they did the trick for the things I really needed them for.

• jmad

They work very well. I love them. They are easy to use and they don't put off harsh fumes. As far as what's in them that makes them work--I have no idea! I would love to know what's in them and HOW they work, which I'm sure is what you actually meant. ;) I've looked and haven't found anything. If I ever find out I'll let you know. They need to have it on Modern Marvels or something like that! lol!!!!!

Source(s): experience
  • hmc

just get them wet and scrub. I use one all the time. It works well on all surfaces. Gets crayon marks off hardwood floors and white paint well. I use it sometimes in the bathroom to help with the soap scum.

Yes they really work. They are a strong base (remember acids and bases from jr high science?) I think the texture helps too. I would not be without them.

i got one for the kitchen counter and walls, it worked a little but nothing to get crazy about, it gives the same reasults as soap and water. i dont sugest you buy it.

I don't think they work any better than a rag and cleaner. You run them under water and then scrub with them

works really well. make sure to use gloves as it is toxic. a not so smart woman cleaned her child's face with it and the kid got blisters.