how can i avoid getting viruses from limewire or ares
- Darren0901Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Every piece of software is going to have some kind of exploit, but there are several things you can do in order to keep yourself safe no matter what PC or operating system you use.
1. Be careful what type of sites you visit. There are many unscrupulous websites out there that will readily infect your machine with a virus or adware.
2. Instead of downloading music, go to the store and buy the CD. Not only will you avoid any financially difficult legal situation, you'll also avoid any website that promises free MP3 downloads but only delivers viruses and adware.
3. Instead of looking for software cracks or serials online, look for coupons. The "crackz" scene is filled to the brim with malicious websites. You're not safe when you're visiting these "seedier" websites.
4. Do not run in Administrator mode. You should only run in Administrator mode when you're installing hardware or software, but running in a lower security mode you'll avoid a lot of the more invasive attacks.
- simpleonline12Lv 41 decade ago
Don't open the files until you have scanned them first. Right click on the file and choose to scan for viruses first then open them up. Normally a virus protection suite will pick up any viruses the second they try to land on your computer and stop them or delete them but if you open a file that hasn't been scanned or is in a .rar or .zip format with a password then attempt to open it without a scan first you can open yourself up for an attack..
- 1 decade ago
Buy your music from the store, and then delete limewire from your computer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
stay away from the porn,lol