scared about using tampons..got any tips??

i'm having my pool party on saturday.

so i have to start wearing tampons.

any tips or anything like that??

• Terri
    Favorite Answer

No need to be scared, they are an excellent invention!

I have worn them since age 11 (I'm 34 now) and prefer them over pads! They are a must have to go in the pool as you WILL bleed into the water and you WILL contaminate the pool with your blood.

Try tampax pearl lites, read the box, and check out http://www.beinggirl.com/

Well this sounds gross but honestly its the best thing you can do. When your taking a show or bath use your finger anda feel around for the hole. There is 2 folds of skin open it up and its at the back of it. Also when u get out of the show but a mirror on the toilet see put one lef on each side of the toilet while standing up so u can see and i know this sounds gross but it works. Grab the 2 flaps of skinn and u will see the hole u pee from and then pull the skin down and then the hole u put the tampon in well ull see it. And aint the tampon sorta to ur back. Hope i helped and good luck.xo•ox

I was nervous the first time too, but I will never go back to just pads. Just relax, thats really important. Its easier if you sit on the toilet. I won't go into details, they are on the box. It may take you a couple of times, it took me a couple of times the first time. Don't get discouraged though. They are a great product. But don't leave it in longer than 6-8 hours. And don't forget about them. Good luck

Relax!!!

You can cut the string (not too short) where it won't show.

When it's time to take it out, relax and pull real slow, but don't tense up because that will hurt really bad, especially if its not full. Main thing is RELAX. ( I used that word alot, but it is very important)

Source(s): I've had my period for 12 years, have used tampons for 12 years

Hey! I'm 16. I started using tampons 2 years ago, and ive had friends who started using tampons when they first got it.

I was really scaired to use them. Take a mirror and find the right hole (sounds gross, but sometimes its hard to tell where to put it)

it may feel weird going in, and coming out it feels gross too. I practiced beforehand, even if i wasnt on my period.

it should really slide in becuase the "period stuff" acts as a lubercant.

once you get use to it its not that bad.

Make sure that you put it all the way it. take the tampon and make sure its in the hole thing all the way to the rim part. if its not in right, it can really hurt.

also, dont keep it in for more than 8 hours. you can get some disease, even though its very uncomon.

you may think that you feel the tampon in you, but once you've forgotten about it, you wont feel it.

one thing is, i find that if i have a tampon in for a while, i get a really weird stomach ake...

beingagirl.com is how i got the support i needed. it pretty good.

ALSO, when you were a tampon, wear a pad too. (thats if your at school and wearing one, there are someleaks)

but in your situation, the water kind of stops your period, its just about 5mins after you get out that it starts again, lightly. the tampon will stop this.

try using the plasic aplicator. cardboard feel weird...

whn you put it in, relax, and put it in on a angle, not strait up.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN

There is no need to be nervous. It will probably feel the weird the first time, but after that you never feel it. I suggest trying one the day before (if you have your period that is) so you can get the hang of putting it in. Then, just make sure you change it as directed by the box. Really no big deal.

First time putting it in can be weird

You just have to put it an an angle and push up, etc, read the "how to" in the tampon box

just tuck the string into your lalala and it should stay, it shouldnt come out

remember to change frequently

goodluck!

Source(s): me

dont be scared hun. Im 14 and got my period the first time in may i used a tampon the first day, us the gentle gild with the slender application! it dosent hurt @ all it dosnet even feel like anythings in tht

Limit use and how long you leave in. Use them for things like swimming or when wearing fitted clothing. Just my personal opinion -- pads are better because they are outside the body.

i would say that you need to think about how heavy your flow is. i would reccomend getting the tamax pearl variety pack today and practicing with those and then decide which you like best and then just buy a big pack of them. you should go to the website beinggirl.com it has some good info!!! good luck!

i wouldn't worry to much about it...you'll be just fine you can't even feel them or anything...but do wear them at the pool party i definitly wouldnt wear a pad cuz theyll swell up like a babys diaper...