Why am i getting 2 periods in one month

the first one was 2 weeks ago and it was 4 days long kinda unusual coloring (dark purple) and yesterday there was light orange spotting Can anyone explain what is going on?

(im not on any contraception)

when i woke up this morning it was reallly reallyy heavy

ive had it for 1 1/2 years

Favorite Answer

A female`s period should occur every 21-28 days .Some women (like myself )get their period every 21 days which is every 3 weeks , twice a month . Very annoying but perfectly normal .However, my GYN did give me the option of taking birth control which would shorten my periods or make them more infrequent .

Are you sexually active ? Could you be miscarrying ? Call your Dr. today just to be sure .I hope this helps...Good Luck !

IF you are spotting then its not a period. Most likely (since its in the middle of your cycle) this is a sign that you are ovulating or already ovulated (when your monthly egg is released from your ovaries)

(edit)

how long have you been having periods? was the one you had 2 weeks ago your very first period?

Watch and see how long you bleed for and if its heavy like your regular period, if it is you should call your doctor and see if they want you to come in. You should not be getting a peirod every 2 weeks. But sometimes our cycles do get "wacky", so your doctor might tell you to wait and see when you get another period.

That happens to me all the time. But your period is not done coming yet. I get that very often!!