Did you ever wish you were born in a differant place and time, or culture/belief

when would you have liked to of lived and what culture or belief would you have liked to have had?

Favorite Answer

The 1930's, so much was going on. Lets say you lived 65 yrs you would have lived well into the 90's. You would have gone from horses to cars and seen civilization unfold before your eyes.

I think I would have been better suited to have been born in the mid 50's in the United States.. The 60's and 70's were awesome times to live in. Great music and cars plus a whole laundry list of other things.

When I was a kid, of course I had mistakenly romantic notions of living back in time.....

But then I grew older and I wouldn't exchange all the modern things, like heating and cars and our wonderful plumbing, hot and cold running water, washing machines, radio, our modern BEDS for that matter, for the past hard times!

I LOVE all this modern stuff. I only wish I could live a lot longer and see the time when we DO have "Star trek tech".... and I just talk to my computer....

I was.

To expand on that answer.

I was born on a reservation

I was brought up with close family, tribal, and religious/cultural beliefs

In retrospect it was from a lost time.

now I live in this world.

• Rain

Yes! I would've like to live as either a French noblewoman during the Renaissance or as a Native American woman prior to the arrival of European colonists. Either one of those or *whisper* an elf in Lothlorien in Middle Earth. xD I'm such a geek.

I have

I was born in Italy, in a Roman Catholic country, my family was catholic by tradition.

Since then, I changed 8 countries and I am now in the US, I am a Christian because I was born-again in the Kingdom of God.

So I changed country, culture and beliefs. Never been happier!

The 1960's

Whatever, the 60's Rocked!

Source(s): This coming from a kid that was born in the 90's ^_^

yep, i love history and thinking about what it'd be like during a different time period, maybe go back thru them all and see what each one was like, starting before the 1900's that is. "recent" history isnt as intersting to me.

as for the culture, i loved to visit japan and learn as much as i can about their culture. I find their culture the most intersting and love how their tradions reaches back far into history.

thanks for the nice question!

Source(s): Mah own 2 cents on the Matter

I was born in a religious household and culture... and I'm not sure that I regret that circumstance.

On the one hand, it was miserable growing up in confusion, fear, shame, self-hatred, etc...

But on the other hand, if I hadn't experienced religion so intimately, I might have spent my whole life wondering if there really was something to that whole god thing.

• elyon

I have often thought that living in the time of Jesus and walking and talking with Him would have been wonderful. I would have been a christian Jewish man, possibly a carpenter or a fisherman or a physician.