Greg O asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

fat chick trying to lose some to get some

there is this dumb girls who weighs like 180something pounds around 5'5"or 5'4" but she honestly looks like a good 200 pounds or more she has to be italian or something shes eating 1300 calories a day and burning around 800 calories at the gym... i think thats pretty good but shes not sure...is that enough?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow, are you ever horrid. I hope she doesn't consider you a friend, because your description of her is really, really snarky.

But to answer your question... if she's burning 800 calories a day, she's just on the edge of eating too little.

You don't say her age, but I'll guess 16 for now. Her RMR would be about 2168 calories a day. She needs that much to maintain her current weight. A safe rate of weight loss is no more than 2 pounds a week. To accomplish this, she must either eat 1000 fewer calories a day, burn 1000 calories through exercise, or both.

That means if she burns 800 calories a day, she should be eating about 1368 calories per day. So she's right around where she should be. She shouldn't eat any less or exercise any more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.