Is anyone else getting weird new question/answer boxes?

Am I the only one seeing these weird new answer boxes, with a new spell-check feature? (Not that I'm complaining about an improved spell-check feature.)

But it also has an annoying box that pops up saying things like "Hmmm...it looks like you have a lot of punctuation".

Actually, the new spell-check feature isn't better. It pops up to warn you that you have a misspelling, but then almost instantly disappears, and once it disappears there's no "spell check" button to click on.

It also doesn't have an "edit/modify" button after you click "Preview".

And there's no "Spell check" here in the "add details" box.

I really hope they're going to fix this...

Sorry homosexual carpenter...I don't have anything on my screen that says it's being changed.

I don't have a problem with changes if they're for the better, but so far it seems like they're making the spell-check feature more complicated. Maybe I'm wrong, though, and it's just acting up because they're in the process of changing it.

Favorite Answer

I have the new boxes as I respond to this question... they are different, but they work.

Edit: The spell check is questionable. It said I had two mispellings, but didn't highlight what words were mispelled. I don't see them, do you?

• Tao

i think its a conspiracy so that those who do not know how to use use punctuation properly can feel better about themselves and while I do not mean to generalize at least in religion and spirituality it seems like it is mostly the fundamentalist Christians who lack the ability to use a comma properly its also funny that so far this answer has not had the new spell check give it an error so i guess long run on sentences without punctuation are fine so what do they have against commas and literacy

wow no errors at all epic fail for yahoo and i wins the internet

Yes, they are here. I don't like the spell checker because it pops up and leaves too quickly. I'd rather have a stationary button again.

I'm in one right now! We did get notice from Y!A that they were working on "improvements" to this site. This is what they must have come up with. In the interim, I was going kinda nuts about all the weird things that were happening on this site.

I guess we'll all get used to it - the hardcore Y!A participants, that is.

Edit @ Larissa - I answered your questions about Christianity and its obsession with kinky sex. Lol!

Edit @ Larissa # 2 - Now your question and my answer have disappeared! WTF?? #3 : I guess we pricked the sensitivities of a few religious prudes, didn't we?

Where and when did we get notice of this? There's no spell check on the answers either.

• hamson

in case you incredibly enjoyed the demo decide for it. in spite of if i'm going to permit you it is not made via the comparable people who made all the different Gears video games. the folk who made it is human beings can fly. in actuality Gears 3 became meant to be the tip. So incredibly the activity is all on the subject of the money. it is the reason i won't help this activity, and the direction it has taken.

• ?

yes, they are probably updating the site, adding new info, it always messes things up a bit

as stewie says "i dont like change", i assume you are similar then ;-)

additional

i cant stand change myself, despise it, its always for the worse i find, i agree with stewie, i was reffering to myself too by saying that ....

.

i dont use spell check now, and its easy, so im hardly gonna use it if they make it more complicated......

it always acts up when it gets changed, so do our sky channels when they get updated

Sometimes people try to improve things that were working and the result is a product that doesn't work as well. Coca-Cola tried it once and almost went out of business.

i just asked a question two seconds ago, i got the spell check thing.

Yep, then they went away.

No spell check