Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can any Jehovahs witnesses give advice?

I am a mother of three and have been married many years. I find it hard to get over family dysfunction ( alcoholism and mental illness) a as a child. Many times I felt I was the parent and it has affected my adult life in the way I deal with parenting and finances. Any info would be helpful. (I know and love Proverbs 3 all of it;(mainly 3vs5,6) these scriptures came to me after my parents died)

Favorite Answer

jehovahs witnesses can only tell you how EZ it is to get brainwashed in their religion!

I'll suggest you call on Jesus to save you, not man - members form this American religion. Open your heart to Jesus & he will help you through it all.

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. There's a chapter in the new book "Questions Young People Ask.." on "What if my parent is addicted to drugs or alcohol?" Have you gotten the book yet at the convention? Even though your grown, it may help you to come to terms with what your parent(s) did. You are not responsible for their actions. You really need to just be concerned with being a good parent to your children and work on not making the same mistakes with them.

The new book we start studying next week is going over some good points on dealing with others. Chapter 9 & 10 "Dealing with Others as God Desires" and "Contribute to Family Life That Pleases God."

"Throw your burden on Jehovah" Ps 55:22 You need to stay strong spiritually, be at the meetings for encouragement. Seek out a close friend and confide in them. Or if needed speak with the elders. We always want to be going forward, not living in the past, the past is the past and you can't change it, but you can overcome it by not letting it control your life now.

May 22, 1992 Awake! pgs 8-12 "Help for Adult Children of Alcoholics"

November 15, 1988 Awake! pg 24, subheading "Helping Their Families" is in the article "Spiritual Words for the Mentally Distressed"

• Micah

"Throw all your anxiety upon [God]." (1 Peter 5:7) Feelings of confusion, anger, and abandonment are only natural when we endure suffering or see someone we love suffer. Still, be assured that Jehovah understands our feelings. (Exodus 3:7; Isaiah 63:9) Like faithful men of old, we can open our heart to him and express our doubts and anxieties. (Exodus 5:22; Job 10:1-3; Jeremiah 14:19; Habakkuk 1:13) He may not miraculously remove our trials, but in response to our heartfelt prayers, he can grant us the wisdom and strength to deal with them.—James 1:5, 6.

"Do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you." (1 Peter 4:12, New International Version) Here Peter is speaking of persecution, but his words apply equally well to any suffering a believer may endure. Humans suffer privation, sickness, and loss. The Bible says that "time and unforeseen occurrence" befall everyone. (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Such things are part of the human condition at present. Realizing this will help us to deal with suffering and misfortune when it occurs. (1 Peter 5:9) Most of all, recalling the assurance that "the eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous ones, and his ears are toward their cry for help" will especially be a source of comfort.—Psalm 34:15; Proverbs 15:3; 1 Peter 3:12.

"Rejoice in the hope." (Romans 12:12) Instead of dwelling on lost happiness, we can meditate on God's promise to end all suffering. (Ecclesiastes 7:10) This well-founded hope will protect us as a helmet protects the head. Hope cushions the blows in life and helps to ensure that they do not prove fatal to our mental, emotional, or spiritual health.—1 Thessalonians 5:8.

LOBT

Psalms 55:22 throw your burden on Jehovah and he will sustain you!