Does Renters Insurance pay for a lost denture?

Dad lost his bottom denture. The VA can't get him in until Nov. 5th.

• Shar
    Favorite Answer

Gotta love the VA eh? So you never found the dentures.. too bad. But let me tell you, call your DAV rep at the VA hospital and try to get them to expedite the situation. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease, so to speak.. especially at the VA. I am a veteran and have to use the VA myself. Don't just sit back and let them dictate. If nothing else, contact your local VA rep. (Disabled American Veterans). Keep pressing on this issue and guarantee you will get results.

The VA does cover dental. However, you would have to be 100% Service-connected or be an in-patient in order to get full coverage. Non-service connected or out-patient non-service connected can only get emergency treatment such as a tooth pulled. They have way too many rules.

The answer depends on the type of renter's insurance policy; unless the policy covers lost items then the only time I've known renter's insurance to cover dentures has been following a fire where it was documented, observed by a third party, that the dentures were lost in the fire.

I like Shar's suggestions to stay on the VA.

Good luck!

Your deductible may be as much as if not more than the cost of a new denture. A claim stands to raise your rates. Weigh this carefully before you make a claim.

I don't think that's a valid claim, and how would you prove it was lost on the property?

Looks like a few months of a soft diet... :(

• Jan

I was told VA doesn't cover dental