Is it okay to get a tattoo 1 week before surgery ?

I am going in for a lower leg tattoo tonight and I am having an ovary removed next Wednesday, has anyone gotten a tattoo this close to surgery? Do you think it's okay?

• Mika
    Favorite Answer

Seriously, I would reschedule your tattoo. Your body will be dealing with enough trauma with having a surgery, that it doesn't need the extra complication of a healing tattoo. A tattoo can lower your immunities and make it harder for you to recover from surgery because your body is working on healing the tattoo. Trust me, it will be worth it to wait until after you are healed from your surgery. I have 12 tattoos and have gone through an equal number of operations.

Source(s): Several tattoos and a soft tissue disorder.

I am no expert, but I would not suggest it. Tattoos take about a month to fully heal. Your body should be concentrating on healing from your surgery, not your tattoo.

Definitely, ask your doctor. Don't just go and do it and assume it will be OK. Ask first, and be sure.

I got mine on the day I set up surgery (yesterday). So in 3 weeks I'll be under the knife. As long as it is in a place that is protected, and they know not to mess with it, it should be fine. Just be sure to put some moisturizer on it before surgery--just in case.

• this really should be a question for your doctor

why trust strangers on the internet who can claim to know something or be something that they don't/aren't

I don't see a problem with it

but I'm not a tattoo artist or a doctor......so don't take my word for it

no you should get it a week after

it should be okay, but i wouldn't recommend it.

yeah, i'm 14, but it's common sense.