car wont start?

I went to start my car this morning, wouldnt start. The key turns, dashboard lights all come on but wouldnt start. I waited about 30 minutes and it finally started but engine noise was very low and quiet. Im taking the car in next week to get the engine mounts replaced due to a vibrating noise when I put on the brake and put car in reverse. Today that noise wasnt even heard. I called a local automotive place and was told possibly the starter needs to be replaced. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

Ok first off who said you need motor mounts? The only time you replace a motor mount is when its cracked or dry rotted or sepperated from the mounting plate. The easiest way to tell your motor mounts are shot is when you pop the hood and the engine is running and in park, check to see if the engine jumps when i say jump i mean is the engine literally moving around, does it shake. Second it could be your started but it also could be a weak ground within or outsie the starter. What seems to be happening is their is a short inbetween the ignition and starter. Like i said check the grounds. Also check on your motor mounts that can get costly.

Yup! Since it happens when you start the car, it's deffinately the starter. Don't panic okay. I've experienced that before.

• It could, the starter it what makes your car crank up and it seems to be seizing up.

go to your local advanced auto parts store and have the charging ststem checked thay will do it for free thay check the starter,altanator and battary