Im taking this lit. class and have to have 2 articles related to events happening in 1984 by George Orwell?

Im taking this lit. class and have to have 2 articles related to events happening in 1984 by George Orwell. Have any ideas!?!?

Favorite Answer

I thinkthat maybe you shouls search on an article archives website (or even just in your local library) for Soviet Censorship, Rallies, even things like the Nazi book burning, Hitler Youth etc.

I don't know if this was helpful, but I know that if you do any of the above, you'll have heaps for sure!

Have you read the book? I hate questions on here from students trying to get others to do there work for them. Here are a few pointers.

Olympic games and censorship of the media.

The Patriot Act (is that what they call it when they bug their own citizens without legal process?).

Any nation that villifies an outside influence to distract from discontent at home (China, USA, Australia, have all done this in recent years)

Totalitarianism (N. Korea, China, Burma etc)

The vacationer by John Twelve Hawks (pen call). in this very speedy-paced and extreme-tech secret, massive Brother is observed as The Brethren, which I take to be a nod to Orwell. those 2 authors have/had comparable concerns on the subject of surveillance and society.

Try wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four (this will help)