Tried to split my Comcast digital cable to another television set, but cant get past 30 stations.?

Could it be the splitter it's self? When I try and look on the upper stations the tv says the program will appear soon; what could be the problem?

Well I have the box also; the cable is split from the main box to the secondary box and right into the television.

Favorite Answer

The first 30 channels are considered "basic cable". If you have "extended cable" (channels above 30) you need a cable box to view these channels. Simply splitting the cable wire is not enough to view all the channels on a set. Only what they consider to be basic cable is what you are allowed to view without a box. This is how the cable company makes money by renting you a box for each TV. Sorry about that.

have you ever tried DISH community or have you ever heard comments? I did Comcast on line sales for a protracted quantity of time, around the time while they first presented their PowerBoost technologies. I additionally had the Comcast Triple Play. enable me assist you be attentive to - it became into terrible! first of all, their digital Voice provider had a lot packet loss and at circumstances, i does no longer actually have a dial-tone. As for their digital Cable provider, that became into additionally an exceedingly great situation. on the time I had it, interior the era of four-weeks, we had approximately 4 or 5 provider calls, because of the fact the cable container might freeze. The final technician that got here out, informed us that they have been experiencing that situation equipment-extensive and that they have been engaged on it. I even have because been with DISH community, and have had no longer something yet stable effects. i'm getting a lot of greater channels for a lot much less. listed right here are numbers for DISH community provider: a million-888-DISH-996 - New consumers a million-800-333-DISH - contemporary consumers