Rita
Rita asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What gives you self confidence when you strut your stuff???

When you feel very good about yourself?? Is it the physical about yourself what your wearing an accomplishment another person what makes you feel confident about you???

Favorite Answer

Not really. Confidence comes from how you view yourself. Someone can have on the ugliest outfit, but still think she/he looks good because of the positive view of her/himself. As an aside, people think i'm attractive, but I have the lowest self esteem! It really doesnt matter what people think. If you dont think so, its meaningless.

My wife is anywhere near as neurotic as I am so she lets me know when I am displaying a major hangup.

I also know that from my accomplishments as a conservation project leader that I am capable of much if you take me away form my lowly clerical roles that I perform to pay the bills. This does give me confidence away from the office.

"Look good and feel good" - yes looking good (well groomed) does give me confidence too. Though I openly admit a have a geeky style (is that an oxymoron?) I do have some dress sense.

Simple answer: NO.

Only FULL knowledge in what one is approaching, doing or wanting to show excellence can give "self confidence" and sometimes makes one want to "strut our stuff".

Just be careful when getting this feeling. Remember every limb on the tree can be pruned. Don't ever forget that. No mater how nice and pretty that limb may look, the Treeman can still prune it in sight of all to see. So the best thing to do is don't ALWAYS show your stuff.

When one thinks we are all good and smart it's a self analysis. Then we OPEN our mouth and show our weaknesses. Be careful.

When dealing with this type of question it is best to start with the general and then get to the specific.

So to start off if one wants to feel good in a particular or specific way it is best to feel good in a general way.

So yes if you are happy about what you are wearing, the music you are hearing, the sensation of the purring of a kitten, the warmth of a hand on your shoulder, the smell of your favorite flower, a poem, the memory of a delicious vacation, whatever turns your crank as they say, then go to those with physical or with psychological.

Once you feel really good, then sit down for a few minutes and write down a list of as many things as you can think of enumerating some of your accomplishments. At the top of the list, you can say that you were able to spot this question and attract wonderful answers. With your intelligence, you found all of these potentially very good friends to share their experiences with you free of charge. Since you know how to do it, you will always be able to repeatedly find this among your bag of tools.

That is really something to feel good about. Now continue the list, reread it, add to it some time when you feel like it, and if you happen to feel like it go out and treat yourself.

Excuse me, I would like to go make myself an ice cream cone, it is over 90 degress F. in this room and I do enjoy treats in the air conditioned kitchen.

It gives me confidence when I am not self conscious about myself. That is when I am not thinking about what I wear, nor some accomplishment, nor another person. When I am aware of who I am, where I am, what I am doing at that moment. It is when I am self aware. I can be myself and not be swayed by what others say or do. It is when I am in the moment.

Thank you for an interesting question.

• 2B

It's very simple Rita. Experience.

Experience, maturity and beauty within give me self confidence. That and the positive attitude I carry in my heart along with my love for everyone. Once the heart is filled with love and goodness it is able to conquer the world strutting in full confidence :-):-) @--)---.

Go to social events. Go find some people who have similar interests and make conversation. The more you talk and hear about others and their passion for it you will see why you love it too. Don't give up. Make a checklist of goals you want to reach. Start off small, like talk with others, Visit places, businesses museums to find the passion again.

I love my style, and I'm very thankful for my body. I love to be different, and knowing that I stand out in the crowd gives me superb confidence. I always feel good about myself, but I'm not conceited...I try to get other people to feel great about themselves, too.

I'm a very hardworking, determined, imaginative, creative person, and knowing that these qualities go way over any flaws makes me glow!

:-D

Having three wonderful, nearly grown children, having a successful career with a good income, and most importantly, having a wonderful woman who loves me. Those give me lots of confidence. The clothes I wear helps, too - but I can be confident wearing anything -- or nothing!

i cant say that i base self esteem and confidence on howi look but more howi feel about myself. You could be very beautiful but if you have no self esteem you wouldnt have any confidence.