A pickle was flushed down our toilet it was backed up all of last night. We tried plunging and auguring and us

A small baby pickle was flushed down our toilet it was backed up all of last night. We tried plunging and auguring and even chemical drain cleaner. This morning it finally flushed after a second try. Do you think the pickle is gone or should i still have a plumber come? The plumber said he would charge me 130 dollars just to use an extended auger and if he has to take off the toilet it would close to 200. I cant really afford that right now. any suggestions?

thank you for all your answers! and by the way I'm not the one who flushed the pickle down the toilet it was a child. I hate when people make rude remarks on here, just answer the question thats all I ask.

Favorite Answer

I think your fine now.

Usually once you get past the begining of the drain area its smooth sailing.

You should be fine.

GIve it the weekend and see what happens but i would say you are "good to go."

• Ron G

A small pickle will not back up the sewer line. I hope this is incorrect but you probably still have the clog. The overnite rest just allowed some water seep by the clog. Try opening the outside cleanout and listening while someone flushes the toilet. Sounds of running water equal no clog.

hi

I had something similar happen to me not so long ago.

we tried all the same methods as you with not luck so

we ourselves removed the stopcork from the drainage pipe outside the house and luckily enough we managed to get the liquidisor blade my son flushed down the toilet. Although the toilet was flushing oK the blade was still there

perhaps this could be an idea if your pipes are accessible. And you could check if the pickle is still there or not

ok in the start she presented a infant herself at 14. Why would she have a infant at 14. Who develop into the daddy? Why did not every person word her tummy boost. i trust that if global is coming to love 14 year Olds having children and attempting to flush them down a bathroom whats the point anymore. couldn't she have basically advised her mom. i recognize her mom will be mad yet i recognize she would help her make the right decision like going to a hospital. Her mom would take this as a ? hate situation. Why didnt she take this heavily? So unhappy :(

If you put a chemical drainer in it- that would eat away a pickle in no time!

Too funny- I flushed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (that I didn't want to eat) down the toilet when I was a kid....... my parents wanted to kill me.

Well, if it's flushing fine now, then odds are you are out of a pickle with the pickle. Save your money and reward yourself for fixing it yourself.

at least a pickle is biodegradable my son flushed a plastic water pistol once and a big foam ball once both times I had to pull the pot up.

it's not that hard of a job. it's sounds like your ok now, but if you have to pull the pot just email me and i'll take you through it step by step.

Don't flush pickles down the toilet and you won't have those problems! What were you doing with a pickle in the bathroom anyway? Never mind I don't won't to know!

i would Waite it probably went down.if your toilet is flushing OK it is gone.