getting hit on by older men?

a few months ago, i was walking home from the library and i ran in to one of the father's old co- workers and we were talking and he asked me if i have a boyfriend and i told him no and he said why don't u find a nice husband so that you don't have to work and then he said have u ever thought about dating white guys and i was telling him that i work and go to school and im not really looking for a man and that im trying to pay for school and he asked me how much do i need for school and i told him im okay i can take care of it . i felt really uncomfortable and nervous around him, he offered to drive me home and i declined. he's in his 50's and i have a weird feeling that he's attracted to me. I feel that he's too old for me and he has 2 kids and there in my age group. I always seem to attract older men and i don't know why . Does anyone think that my father's co worker has a thing for me and wants to go out with me? Has anyone ever been in a situation like this.

Favorite Answer

Yes he is interested in you. If you are not interested in him, then don't take his money. That would be called leading him on.

Millions of women have been hit on by men older than them. I suggest you enjoy the attention, act, flattered, but quickly make it clear to them that you are not interested. Otherwise, you will get the reputation for being a tease.

Just tell him you are flattered, but not interested and therefore don't feel right about him paying for your school expenses.

Source(s): Good luck and God Bless. You can turn him down but still maintain your integrity. That is what you need to do here.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Many people relate to older men as perverts. The fact is, other then outward appearance. Older gentlemen men do not see themselves as old. While they know their body has aged, their hearts remain young. We have all heard this phrase. YOUNG AT HEART. Most older gentlemen don't mean any harm and many are anything but perverts. They simple know beauty when they see it. Remember, the only difference between a young woman and an older woman are the speed in which your cells reproduce. As you age your cells reproduction slows. Thus causing your body to appear older. Other then gaining knowledge with time. Your heart and mind always think and feel the same. The idea of youth makes people feel once again alive. Do you have a kind heart??

Because many of us prefer a young woman with a bit less experience, which means she's less likely to be excessively critical of us or overly demanding. A fair number of younger women actually prefer a man several years older for the same reasons. We also tend to be more stable and better off financially. And we often prefer to date someone who hasn't a lot of baggage to bring to a relationship - like a troublesome ex. Many of us are leery of initiating a relationship with a woman older than you are because she's likely to have children, and we're not comfortable with the necessity of establishing a relationship with the kids, too. That does not mean we dislike kids, just that we recognize what an emotional minefield it can be for all concerned - us older guys, the older woman and her children. Yes, a few of us wanna be the first one to "pop" a virgin, but those guys are easy to spot and avoid - they usually haven't the wherewithal to earn "it", frankly. How you respond is really up to you - but be aware that a good many long-lasting, loving relationships involve a woman your age and a man ten or more years her senior...my squeeze and I are that far apart in age and we've been married for sixteen years. She tells me every day I'm the light of her life - bless her! If the old farts make you uncomfortable, just tell 'em thanks but no thanks and forget it.

Yes. I think we all have. I'm 26 and have been hit on by men in the 50's and 60's. Somehow those men think they are so attractive that I would date them. I don't get it. What would I have in common with any of them.....and better yet. In 10 years they would be in their 50's or 70's and I would be in my 30's. Sick. You did the right thing.

• Kaya M

Mel, you dad's friend has a thing for you. Maybe you act a lot more mature than you are and some men like that in a woman. If you are not attracted to him tell him, he will get over it.

Maybe your beauty is for older people like your dad's co-worker

Sounds like a creepy old perv to me, and you handled it very well. you probably will not run into him again (we hope), as far as attracting older men, just keep saying no.

It definetily sounds like he is interested in you. If you are not into him, just be firm in your descision. Good Luck to you

God I hope your over 21....if not, he's a sicko!!!

Yeah he was totally hitting on you...GROSS!!! Did you tell your dad?

• juicey

yak? yes tell the perv to back off.